You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.1.0.5 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.0.5 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were fixed in this version:

• Fix for aircraft sunken below the ground

As a result of this patch, you may see aircraft that are slightly hovering above the ground. Please be patience while I continue to work out the kinks in the ground clamping code.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Joachim Clemens
Posted
Posted

I just did my first flight with xPilot. First of all thank you very much for the work you spent on it, you did a great job!

Unfortunately, I'm getting mixed results regarding the vertical placement of the CSL aircraft. Some of them look reasonably good, while other are sunk into the ground. Here a two screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ay16h01ut1ax64/A320%20-%202019-10-18%2019.23.12.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ks74smwape1729n/A320%20-%202019-10-18%2019.23.17.jpg?dl=0

The American and the British Airways planes in the first screenshot and the nearer Ryanair plane in the second screenshot are VATSIM aircraft. All others are static aircraft of the scenery.

I'm using version 1.1.0.5 of xPilot in combination with the Bluebell CSL pack. I tried both with and without the IVAO offsets, but the result was the same case.

Please let me know if you need additional information or if I can help in another way.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
I just did my first flight with xPilot. First of all thank you very much for the work you spent on it, you did a great job!

Unfortunately, I'm getting mixed results regarding the vertical placement of the CSL aircraft. Some of them look reasonably good, while other are sunk into the ground. Here a two screenshots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ay16h01ut1ax64/A320%20-%202019-10-18%2019.23.12.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ks74smwape1729n/A320%20-%202019-10-18%2019.23.17.jpg?dl=0

The American and the British Airways planes in the first screenshot and the nearer Ryanair plane in the second screenshot are VATSIM aircraft. All others are static aircraft of the scenery.

I'm using version 1.1.0.5 of xPilot in combination with the Bluebell CSL pack. I tried both with and without the IVAO offsets, but the result was the same case.

Please let me know if you need additional information or if I can help in another way.

Please see the last paragraph on the first post in this topic...

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Hey, Justin -- just had X-Plane CTD for the first time in about a year. xPilot was the last app that made an entry in Log.txt although I know that doesn't necessarily mean it was the cause. (xPilot was actually still running when X-Plane crashed.) I'm posting in case you get other reports of similar issues. Otherwise I'll chalk it up to one of those fluke things unless it happens again. Logs attached below. No response needed unless you need further info.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AVYao4HkZ8rsufQbO_tDWU9y3U97H8Y_

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Peter Mooney
Posted
Posted
Hey, Justin -- just had X-Plane CTD for the first time in about a year. xPilot was the last app that made an entry in Log.txt although I know that doesn't necessarily mean it was the cause. (xPilot was actually still running when X-Plane crashed.) I'm posting in case you get other reports of similar issues.

I also had xPlane randomly quit last night when using xPilot for the first time. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SzUd0CjwhFxy40PpBCiSKjlQXV1EjQex Hope this is of some use!

Luca Schaer 1366932
Posted
Posted

Hey Justin

Just wondering what was changed in since v. 1.1.0.2 because it worked like a gem there, now it is totally messed up, at certain airports aircraft are hovering 5-10m above ground.

Is there anyway to download an older version until this is fixed? Not does it only look bad, but it is also really difficult to follow instructions if people dont see you or visversa.

Regards

Joachim Clemens
Posted
Posted

Please see the last paragraph on the first post in this topic...

I got this, but it says one may see planes hovering above the ground. In my case they are sunk into the ground, which was stated to be fixed.

Anyway, I'll just wait for the next update

Bernhard Harb
Posted
Posted

I can confirm that 1.1.0.2 was working flawlessly but with 1.1.0.5 I have hoovering planes and worse, I cannot start a flight because I get a CTD after a few minutes.

My log is already here in the forum,

Bernhard.

Bernhard Harb

VACC Austria Member

Tommaso Baliani
Posted
Posted
I can confirm that 1.1.0.2 was working flawlessly but with 1.1.0.5 I have hoovering planes and worse, I cannot start a flight because I get a CTD after a few minutes.

My log is already here in the forum,

Bernhard.

I got FPS loss too.

Tommaso Baliani
Posted
Posted

Meanwhile, can we get a link to download the 1.1.0.4 or previous version? so I can fly on VATSIM, since I can't find links for the previous versions. Thanks

steven PAPAI 1317636
Posted
Posted

Yeah anyway I can revert back to 1.1.0.4 that worked fine for me. Aircraft were not floating or 2 feet under the ground this update just made it worse.

Stone

Filip Nowak
Posted
Posted

Anybody can share older 1.1.0.4 version? Has only 1.1.0.1 left :/ 1.1.0.5 is too crashy.

Tommaso Baliani
Posted
Posted
Yeah anyway I can revert back to 1.1.0.4 that worked fine for me. Aircraft were not floating or 2 feet under the ground this update just made it worse.

How do you get back to previous versions?

Filip Nowak
Posted
Posted

Probably he downloaded 1.1.0.4 and stored it... Just like I stored 1.1.0.1 and can share if you want.

Tommaso Baliani
Posted
Posted

Probably he downloaded 1.1.0.4 and stored it... Just like I stored 1.1.0.1 and can share if you want.

PLS give me the 1.1.0.1 I need it I'm gonna fly my oceanic for the first time and don't want to do everything by text

steven PAPAI 1317636
Posted
Posted

If anyone has 1.1.0.4 and can share would be greatly appreciated!

Stone

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Or just upgrade to 1.1.0.6, which was just released and should hopefully eliminate the issues with crashing X-Plane to desktop.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.0.6 has been released which should address the crashing issue.