You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC client - receiving other controller's text messages x 4

Brian Reed

Brian Reed
Posted
Posted

Hello AFV Team,

First time using AFV tonight, it's wonderful, but for a while I was seeing another controller's messages on my frequency coming through four times simultaneously. My guess is that he was cross-coupled onto the Montreal ground frequency, which is the same as mine, and since I'm inside his visibility range I was getting his text messages. Why it's coming through 4 times I couldn't even begin to guess.

Thanks!

iGcrK3f.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's definitely strange ... do you know what controller client he was using?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

It's a known issue with Euroscope (100% sure the other controller was using this client). When marking several RCV/XMT TXT boxes (which the plugin does automagically), it sends one per frequency in the main frequency. So in this case, he had 4 frequencies "open", and therefore his messages were sent 1x4 times in his primary

Me.

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

I'm not familiar with EuroScope...is there a way for this controller to de-select 121.90 so he isn't transmitting on that frequency?

In other words, can you tell me what we need to tell Montreal to do or not do? 121.90 is used as a ground frequency across multiple nearby ARTCCs; this issue affected at least two of ZBW's controllers as well as JFK.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager