You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Equipment suffix?

Peter Bremer 1110397

Peter Bremer 1110397
Posted
Posted

The equipment suffix is a US invention, not ICAO.

What should I use as suffix for a plane/pilot with the following ICAO flightplan equipment codes:

item 10: BGRDFSYZ/S

item 18: PBN/B2D2C2O2S1 NAV/SBAS

I think it is /G according https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_codes although it seems to be for US domestic flights only.

RW CPL-IR-PBN-SEP(A) (VP, RU, T, EFIS)-Night-LPE6

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

This is really a question for "General / Pilot Talk" as it's not specific to xPilot. All of VATSIM uses FAA equipment codes for the moment, regardless of which pilot client you use. I believe there is a plan to switch over to ICAO format but it would require rewriting the protocol which the flight servers run on, and they're not gonna start that until the voice issues are sorted out.

To answer your question, the five main codes that apply to pretty much 99% of flights on VATSIM are:

/L -- RNAV-capable, RVSM capable

/G -- RNAV capable, not RVSM capable

/W -- VOR with DME, RVSM capable

/A -- VOR with DME, not RVSM capable (<--- woohoo!)

/U -- less than VOR with DME (VOR without DME, or no VOR receiver)

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Peter Bremer 1110397
Posted
Posted
This is really a question for "General / Pilot Talk" as it's not specific to xPilot. ...

Except that I would expect a client as xPilot tto give some hint on what is what. Certainly because it is US specific knowledge.

But anyhow thanks for the info.

Becasue of the equipment codes BGR being in and W not, it will be /G according your list.

RW CPL-IR-PBN-SEP(A) (VP, RU, T, EFIS)-Night-LPE6

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

FWIW, ICAO FPL support is in the long-term network roadmap. Even the FAA is slowly but surely abandoning the FAA Flight Plan form

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png