You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New VATEUR2 - Chris Dobison 810929

Kyprianos Biris

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

I would like to announce Europe Region has a new Deputy Director, Mr. Chris

Dobison from the UK.

I am more than happy to have Chris on board since we have already discussed

issues concerning Europe Region during his application evaluation period.

You can contact Chris via chrisd(at)vatsim.net or vateur2(at)vateur.org

Wellcome on board Chris and congratulations.

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Chris Dobison 810929
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the intro Kyprianos!

Just to give you a little background on myself, I'm a real world ATCO at Teesside airport in NE England (EGNV). I finished the training with National Air Traffic Services in March 2004 and was posted to Terminal Control in West Drayton to do Heathrow Director. I did 130 hours there but wanted to be back in the Northeast of England which is where I grew up and have a son so when I found out Teesside had the vacancy I applied and got it!! I've not controlled on Vatsim for a few months, mainly due to me moving from London back up north as I was without the internet for a month or so - but when I am online you can normally see me on EGLL_N_APP or one of the other Heathrow positions, I also hope to be able to open up Teesside on Vatsim soon.

My main role as European Region Deputy Director is to help Kyp in Region Administration and to look after the region in Kyp's absence. As a UK member, I will be able to provide the UK Region with a point of contact through their Forums as I visit there pretty much every day so hopefully will be able to answer questions relating to European policy, etc. Naturally anything that I can't answer immediately, I will be able to having consulted with Kyp.

If anyone needs to contact me, please do via the email addresses given above - chrisd(at)vatsim.net or vateur2(at)vateur.org.

Best regards,

Chris

Chris Dobison

Vatsim Network Supervisor

21.png