You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.1.0.6 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.0.6 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were fixed in this version:

• Fix issue that caused X-Plane to crash when an aircraft was removed from the sim
  • Further optimize networking code between X-Plane and xPilot
  • More tweaks to the ground clamping code

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

Thank you all for your patience. I understand that it's very frustrating trying to use a broken product; hopefully these changes will address the issues that were plagued in the previous release.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Thank you all for your patience. I understand that it's very frustrating trying to use a broken product; hopefully these changes will address the issues that were plagued in the previous release.

WE should be thanking YOU, Justin, for all of the time & effort that goes into creating, developing, and supporting this product, which we all use completely free of charge and ad-free. People need to remember that part of the implicit agreement when you use a software product in Beta Testing phase is that you report issues and bugs in a helpful manner, to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist the developer in improving their product before it goes into "official" release. Hopefully the users in this forum will keep that perspective.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Filip Nowak
Posted
Posted

THX for quick update ... Will test tomorrow. On 1.1.0.5 each flight was a crash using xPilot.

Tom Dowd
Posted
Posted

That was quick

Thanks mate

Jonathan Clayton
Posted
Posted

WE should be thanking YOU, Justin, for all of the time & effort that goes into creating, developing, and supporting this product, which we all use completely free of charge and ad-free. People need to remember that part of the implicit agreement when you use a software product in Beta Testing phase is that you report issues and bugs in a helpful manner, to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist the developer in improving their product before it goes into "official" release. Hopefully the users in this forum will keep that perspective.

I echo Robert. I can't imagine the time you are spending on this that takes you away from life, family, and friends. It is much appreciated.