You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope map projection coordinate system

Niels Voogd

Niels Voogd
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

I've been searching through the docomeentation to find this, but so far no luck.

Would like to set my GIS tool to the correct projection for display in euroscope so my shapes aren't warped when i'm editing them. What projection does euroscope use? EPSG:4326?

Thanks.

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

WGS84, Geographic Lat/lon.

Just be advised that if creating shapes far north/or south you will have a prettey stretched out picture while editing.

Myself I've been using WGS84 UTM33 while editing ground layouts in Norway. When finished I reproject to Geographic before exporting to KML files and use the euroscope convert tool found online

• 1 year later...
Cesar Augusto Bermúdez
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys, I Have the same issue here, check the picture, the yellow line is WGS84, the blue line is using the fsmine converter, is not the same format, What is the coordinate system used by the fsmine converter?

image.png.f5f6059969e1a1e1d2d9cbf9c4d318c2.png

Cuando se busca tanto el modo de hacerse temer se encuentra siempre primero el de hacerse odiar.

When man seeks so much the way that people fear him, he first finds a way to be hated.

18.png

Cesar Augusto Bermúdez
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys! I already answered myself. 😝

Cuando se busca tanto el modo de hacerse temer se encuentra siempre primero el de hacerse odiar.

When man seeks so much the way that people fear him, he first finds a way to be hated.

18.png