You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Networked issue

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted (edited)

Running vPilot as host on sim computer and in remote with voice on 2nd PC. All is working well except for one thing, and that is that if I enter the freq on the aircraft radio it doesn't connect whereas if I enter freq manually on the networked interface (i.e .com1 123.450) it works perfectly but the aircraft radio doesn't reflect the feequency change. Have rebooted and tried several times with same result.

regards

Edited by Guest

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When you say that it "doesn't connect", what do you mean exactly?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Normally if I enter a frequency on the aircraft radios it would connect to the channel, likewise if a freq is manually entered in the client it connects to channel and changes the frequency on the aircraft radios. In the first instance entering freq on radio doesn't connect and in the second instance it connects to channel but radios remain unchanged. Not sure if there is something wrong at my end. Ru nning version 2.4.0. Some advice much appreciated.

Best regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Again, when you say that it "doesn't connect", what do you mean exactly? Be very precise in what you mean by "connect" here.

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Ok Let me try explaining it in a different way.

If I enter an ATC frequency on the com1 radio on the aircraft and activate it, it doesn't work and I'm unable to talk to the controller. However if I then enter manually the very same frequency on the networked vpilot client it connects to the frequency and all is well , but the freq on the com1 radio on the aircraft doesn't change no matter what I enter on the networked vpilot client. Until I found this issue on my installation if you entered a freq on the aircrat com1 radio it would connect to that ATC frequency and likewise if you entered a frequency manually (say .com1 122.800)on the network client, it would automatically change it on the aircraft com1 radio. Trust this is understood.

regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the COM radio frequency is not being read through SimConnect, or able to be set via SimConnect.

What aircraft are you using?

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Using PMDG 747 on prepard3D v4.5 + latest hotfix. Let me reinstall Simconnect and will get back to you.

best regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Give it a try on a default aircraft and let me know if that works.

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted
Give it a try on a default aircraft and let me know if that works.

Have reinstalled all 3 versions of simconnect in the redist folderand now all is working again. I wasn't sure why it wasn't working but your guess was spot on. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.

best regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco