You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

[October 26th] Cross The Pond 2019 - Eastbound

Nick Marinov

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

ctp_2019_east.png

Hi all,

It's that time of the year again, where we all prepare our heavy aircraft to fly over the Atlantic Ocean for the biggest VATSIM Event. On this Eastbound edition of CTP we are looking to welcome you to the following airfields for departures and arrivals:

Departures from:

• Miami International
    Boston Logan International Airport
    Chicago O'Hare International Airport
    John F. Kennedy International
    Toronto Pearson International
    Orlando International Airport

Arrivals into:

• London Heathrow
    Dublin
    Munich Airport - Franz Josef Strauß
    Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
    Warsaw Chopin
    Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup

Bookings have already gone out and for those who have one, routes will be published on the night before the event here on the forums and on the CTP website. If you didn't manage to get a booking, don't worry, routes will be available for you as well.

Our oceanic controllers have already been preparing for the event, so brush up your oceanic skills and join us for the first ever CTP on the new audio system, Audio For VATSIM (AFV), on the 26th of October. Speak to you on the HF frequencies!

The CTP Planning Team

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

DqevHRsWsAA38Ut.jpg:large

PLEASE READ THIS IN FULL IF PARTICIPATING WITH OR WITHOUT A SLOT

1. All departure and arrival pilot briefings are now available to view on the CTP website. Simply head to the Pilot Dashboard, select "Airfield Docomeents" and choose the field(s) you need. We recommend printing these off or keeping them to hand. They are essential reading.

2. Pilots will be able to make position reports via natTRAK - an online position reporting tool. This will reduce frequency saturation. If you report your position via natTRAK, there is no requirement to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] your position report by voice. Oceanic clearance is still requested via voice. You will only be able to submit a position report when connected as a pilot, so don't panic if you visit the tool before the event and cannot see this option!

3. The translatlantic radio ops checklist is available here.

4. Remember that HF simulation is now featured on Oceanic frequencies. You can disable all distortion in your pilot client by ticking 'disable VHF distortion' if you are having issues hearing the controller.

5. Tomorrow will be a busy day - significantly busier than any other day of the year on VATSIM. Please be patient with controllers and pilots alike - if you have any issues we will have a number of Supervisors ready to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist - use the .wallop function if you need to summon help.

IF YOU HAVE A SLOT...

Your flight information will shortly be available on the Cross The Pond website and will also be emailed to you overnight. Simply log in and click 'Pilot Dashboard'. On the page containing your callsign, flight level, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned route and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned SELCAL, you can select 'Prefile' at the bottom which will redirect you to a pre-populated flight plan (you still need to enter aircraft type etc). If you do not receive a flightplan by 08z in the morning, please post below to let us know.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SLOT...

The available routings for the event have been optimised for minimum 'h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le' before, during and after the Oceanic segment. It is therefore ESSENTIAL that you file the following routings, if you you do not have a slot:

#1 Flying one of the following combinations - if you are flying between event airfields plus EGKK, check below for the required routing for non-event pilots. If you are not flying between these fields, go to #2:

KORD-EPWA: RAYNR BRTMN DNIKA TAAYZ PETTY PECOK SSM GRAMP N5470 LOMTA MOATT URTAK 6050N 6240N 6330N 6320N LARUX GUNPA NERDO AMROR N983 ELPOL N195 SORIX EPWA

KORD-EKCH: RAYNR BRTMN DNIKA TAAYZ PETTY PECOK YUY HENDY TEALS TOXIT 6150N 6240N 6330N 6320N 6210N VALDI PEVEB AMSEV GODOG TNO EKCH

KORD-EDDM: RAYNR BRTMN DNIKA TAAYZ PECOK SSM VANSI TEALS URTAK 6050N 6140N 6230N 6220N RATSU UP61 BAMRA FORTY L7 CUTEL UL619 AVRAL SUTEB UL619 DHE KUMER BIRKA SODRO T703 LULAR T105 EXUSI EDDM

KORD-EGKK: EBAKE WISMO POSTS PADDE SVM Q951 DERLO Q935 BOS BRADD N197A NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX DCT EVRIN UL607 NUMPO UP2 BEDEK

KORD-EGLL: EBAKE WISMO POSTS PADDE SVM Q951 DERLO Q935 BOS BRADD N197A NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX DCT EVRIN UL607 NUMPO UP2 BEDEK

KORD-EHAM: EBAKE WISMO POSTS PADDE SVM Q951 DERLO Q935 BOS BRADD N197A NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX DCT NORLA UM140 MERLY L180 ABDUK UL607 INLAK L179 CPT M197 REDFA

KORD to ANY other field: EBAKE WISMO POSTS PADDE SVM Q951 DERLO Q935 BOS BRADD N197A NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX ... then find routing to destination as required

CYYZ-EKCH: SEDOG4 BOBSU MT YKL AVUTI 5950N 6140N 6230N 6220N 6210N GUNPA ARTOR TOPLA L996 ERNOV EKCH

CYYZ-EPWA: SEDOG4 BOBSU GELLS JOVIE YDP PRAWN AVUTI 6050N 6140N 6230N 6220N 6210N GUNPA NERDO AMROR N983 ELPOL N195 SORIX EPWA

CYYZ-EDDM: SEDOG4 BOBSU MOFAT ENNSO 5850N 6040N 6130N 6120N ATSIX UP60 AKIVO UL619 DENOG UL619RIVOT UL619 AVRAL SUTEB UL619 DHE KUMER BIRKA SODRO T703 LULAR T105 EXUSI EDDM

CYYZ to ANY other field: KEPTA2 BMPAH AEVON HANKK Q935 BOS BRADD N197A NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX ... them find routing to destination as required

KJFK-EGLL: MERIT PUT CELTK BRADD N197A NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX DCT EVRIN UL607 NUMPO UP2 BEDEK

KJFK-EGKK: MERIT PUT CELTK BRADD N197A NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX DCT EVRIN UL607 NUMPO UP2 BEDEK

KJFK-EHAM: MERIT PUT CELTK BRADD N197A NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX DCT NORLA UM140 MERLY L180 ABDUK UL607 INLAK L179 CPT M197 REDFA

KBOS-EGLL: CELTK5 CELTK WHALE N135A PORTI 47/50 49/40 50/30 50/20 SOMAX ATSUR DCT LESLU L180 ABDUK UL607 NUMPO P2 BEDEK

KBOS-EGKK: CELTK5 CELTK WHALE N135A PORTI 47/50 49/40 50/30 50/20 SOMAX ATSUR DCT LESLU N514 DIDEL N513 ELRIP N17 OTMET

KBOS-EHAM: CELTK5 CELTK WHALE N135A PORTI 47/50 49/40 50/30 50/20 SOMAX ATSUR DCT LESLU L180 ABDUK UL607 INLAK L179 CPT M197 REDFA

KBOS to ANY other field: CELTK5 CELTK WHALE N135A PORTI 47/50 49/40 50/30 50/20 SOMAX ATSUR ... then find routing to destination as required

#2 IF you are NOT flying between event fields, you must construct a flight plan which sends you to NAT U or W:

TRACK U: NICSO 48/50 50/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM ELSOX

TRACK W: PORTI 47/50 49/40 50/30 50/20 SOMAX ATSUR

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

75006107-2955940394420716-316302076239937536-o.jpg

It's nearly time for the biggest event of the year - Cross The Pond is less than 12 hours away!

Following an update to our Audio for VATSIM code, the connection cap has been lifted to 2,100 which should be more than enough for the event. Server load will be monitored closely and the cap may be lifted further if needed. This will be the largest scale of your new voice solution to date, so there may be some minor hiccoughs as we put it through its paces.

If you are flying with a slot, you will shortly be able to see your routings by logging into the CTP website. If you are flying WITHOUT a slot, you MUST visit this link for instructions on planning your flight.

We'll once again be using natTrack - our online position reporting tool - for position reports in oceanic airspace. Visit here to make your position report - please note this is only functional when logged in as a pilot. You will still need to request oceanic clearance via the frequency but position reporting can then be made via the uplink.

We'll be tweeting as much as we can from here. Send us your screenshots and experiences!

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Mathieu Gabillard 1295812
Posted
Posted

Hi

I don t receive my flight plan route to EDDM via KJFK

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Routes are now available in the Pilot Area of the CTP website.

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
VATSIM Logo

Marcelo Pires 1221106
Posted
Posted

error to access Nattrack APP - I am in Brazil

An error occurred

Error message: IP not approved for this consumer

Markus Ristl
Posted
Posted

Good morning,

Can the SELCAL be changed to match the aircraft SELCAL - or is it fixed by he planned route which I received?

Thanks a lot,

Markus

greetings from Vienna / Austria

Markus Ristl

My Homecockpit

Julian Fischer
Posted
Posted

You guys are doing an amazing job. Thank you already.

However I got confused with oceanic clearance. Above you said it's mandatory to request the oceanic clearance but the briefing docomeent says it isn't (for New York oceanic ZWY)

You will still need to request oceanic clearance via the frequency but position reporting can then be made via the uplink.

Briefing docomeent

New York Oceanic does not require pilots to contact an oceanic controller to obtain a specific oceanic clearance. When entering ZWY from an FAA radar facility, the last radar controller will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a Mach number prior to oceanic entry. 

Thank you for clarification

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
You guys are doing an amazing job. Thank you already.

However I got confused with oceanic clearance. Above you said it's mandatory to request the oceanic clearance but the briefing docomeent says it isn't (for New York oceanic ZWY)

You will still need to request oceanic clearance via the frequency but position reporting can then be made via the uplink.

Briefing docomeent

New York Oceanic does not require pilots to contact an oceanic controller to obtain a specific oceanic clearance. When entering ZWY from an FAA radar facility, the last radar controller will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a Mach number prior to oceanic entry. 

Thank you for clarification

And the answer is: To enter Gander, you will need an oceanic clearance, and to enter New York, the Domestic Controller handles everything for you. You will be required to maintain a mach number from the time you are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned it till you get cleared for a different mach number (don't let the FMS adjust mach based on cost index/weight/altitude)

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Sharath Mahadevan
Posted
Posted
CYYZ-EDDM: SEDOG4 BOBSU MOFAT ENNSO 5850N 6040N 6130N 6120N ATSIX UP60 AKIVO UL619 DENOG UL619RIVOT UL619 AVRAL SUTEB UL619 DHE KUMER BIRKA SODRO T703 LULAR T105 EXUSI EDDM

What's the track identifier for this NAT track?

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

What's the track identifier for this NAT track?

It does not have one, it is a so-called "random route"

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Allan Wiborg 995432
Posted
Posted

Morning to the CTP team,

First of all, amazing job by your all, thank you for pulling all this together for us all to enjoy

Now I have an issue. I have a MIA-DUB slot, but just found out when installing the new DUB scenery this morning that I can't get it working without updating P3D from V.4 to .5 This is not something I dare to start doing only a few hours before the event.

I tried to release my slot, but since the routings are published, that can't be done and I still would like to fly.

I am thinking of planning to fly to LHR instead with the same take off time along the booked (fictional) track N and from EVBAK file a reasonable route to London. I will then be ready to expect delays or a possible reroute via the non-slot tracks.

Would this be a good solution to my late problem or shall I handle it in another way?

EDIT: Above has been resolved, a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive thank you to the persons involved.

Brgds,

Allan

Juan Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I go tho drop my book KMCO-EKCH in five minutes because I need to take another more short fly due to time problems.

One question. I dont see the option for drop it in my pilot dashboard. How I drop it?

Allan Wiborg 995432
Posted
Posted

I tried to release my slot, but since the routings are published, that can't be done and I still would like to fly.

Hi Juan, See my post above, slots can't be released after routings is published

Allan

Juan Perez
Posted
Posted

And what is the ideal option?

Leave it blank and choose my own plan or prefill it and cancel?

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted
And what is the ideal option?

Leave it blank and choose my own plan or prefill it and cancel?

Do nothing - it is fine!

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Juan Perez
Posted
Posted

Sorry, and the SELCAL?

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

Your choice, use the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned on, or your own

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Juan Perez
Posted
Posted

Thanks!!!!

A lot of work for you and people like my making this work bigger....

Robbie Garrett
Posted
Posted

What was the record in the end for connections?

Regards,

Robbie

Qualified Private Pilot with @ London Biggin Hill Airport!

websignature3.jpg

Visit our Concorde Legacy website, or our Facebook Page