You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPliot Dropping Mic Input?

Brandon Grchan 925585

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

XPilot keeps randomly deciding to not pickup input from my Mic, the audio receive function continues to work. I have confirmed in the settings page that it no longer is getting input even though in windows sound settings I can clearly see the device is still working and I'm using it for other applications. It seems to occur most frequently during frequency changes. This is starting to become super frustrating as its happening at critical times and requires me to reset my headset and then restart Xpilot for it to work again, and this seems an inconsistent fix.

FWIW I am using a Plantronics W740 headset. I have also confirmed this is happening in both the old and new .07 version and I do not have the issue using Xsquawkbox.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

When you say you don’t have this issue with xSquawkbox, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you mean the standalone AFV client?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

Yes, that is to say in using it for 2-3 flights I have had no issue where as with Xpilot I have about an 80% chance of having an issue in my estimation.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Quickly looking at the code, I think I see what the issue is. I’ll try to push out a fix tonight.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the hard work, much appreciated.