You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not seeing other aircraft in the sky on TCAS

Wayne Gary

Wayne Gary
Posted
Posted

The Bluebell CSL is working fine on the ground. But I can see other aircraft in the sky on TCAS

Craig Tucker 1463103
Posted
Posted

Same problem. Aircraft appear but they don't show up on TCAS. I do have AI planes enabled since when I used XSB it wouldn't show planes without it.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

TCAS has been fixed for the next release.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Bernhard Harb
Posted
Posted

Just to clarify, do we have to enable ai planes for xpilot to see planes on TCAS?

Thanks,

Bernhard.

Bernhard Harb

VACC Austria Member

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Just to clarify, do we have to enable ai planes for xpilot to see planes on TCAS?

Thanks,

Bernhard.

No. xPilot just wasn’t injecting TCAS blibs.

• 2 weeks later...
Slavenko Rojas 1466777
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks,

Bernhard.

----------

Slavenko.

Edited by Guest

Slavenko Rojas 1466777
Posted
Posted

Thanks,

Bernhard.

---------------------

@Justin Shannon 1215759 thx for you help, is tcas working with in update of today? 1.1.4.1 ?

Slavenko.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

It should be. Is it not working for you?

Slavenko Rojas 1466777
Posted
Posted
It should be. Is it not working for you?

YEs bro!! i can see on the Tcas (ND of my A320), I'm not sure if i can see the aircraft flying, but it is working.

Slavenko.

• 3 weeks later...
Martin Tochacek 958828
Posted
Posted

Would appreciate some help as even with the latest x-Pilot version (1.1.5), I cannot see other aircraft on TCAS. I have tried several aircraft such as the Zibo, Toliss, and FFA320. Is there a setting in X-Plane itself that I need to manipulate to see the TCAS traffic? Thanks in advance.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Would appreciate some help as even with the latest x-Pilot version (1.1.5), I cannot see other aircraft on TCAS. I have tried several aircraft such as the Zibo, Toliss, and FFA320. Is there a setting in X-Plane itself that I need to manipulate to see the TCAS traffic? Thanks in advance.

What other plugins do you have installed? It sounds like there's another plugging grabbing control of the AI slots before xPilot.

Pedro Fitarelli 1263351
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem, I use TBM 900 Hotstart and the traffic does not appear in TCAS, in IVAO network appears, in VATSIM not!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Pedro, can you answer the question Justin asked in the post immediately before yours?

Namely, do you move the IVAO pilot client plugin folder out of Resources/plugins when you intend to use VATSIM? If you don't, there will be other odd side effects besides TCAS operability.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Pedro Fitarelli 1263351
Posted
Posted

Removed, but only appear the default AI traffic, from vatsim still not appearing. Should I remove the AI ​​traffic?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Yes. Not only will any AI traffic plugin conflict, but, you also don't want planes flying around in a multiplayer airspace that only you can see. It could easily cause confusion if you hold on the ground or modify your flight path to avoid traffic that your controller and the other pilots around you aren't seeing.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Pedro Fitarelli 1263351
Posted
Posted

Okay, I removed AI traffic, I disabled X-ivap and Vatsim traffic does not appear in TCAS!! Thanks for the immediate response.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Disabled? Try removing the folder completely. Drag it to your desktop. You can drag it back in when you want to use it.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Martin Tochacek 958828
Posted
Posted
What other plugins do you have installed? It sounds like there's another plugging grabbing control of the AI slots before xPilot.

Thanks for your reply. I do have FSCloud plug-in and World traffic 3 in the plug ins folder. I'll pull FSCLoud out to see if that wolves the issue.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply. I do have FSCloud plug-in and World traffic 3 in the plug ins folder. I'll pull FSCLoud out to see if that wolves the issue.

Recommend you try moving both.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Bernhard Harb
Posted
Posted

Hello!

Just to clarify some things with G1000 on XPlane:

1) Multiplayer planes off: No plane blips on G1000

2) Multiplayer planes on: Random multiplayer + VATSIM traffic on G1000

3) Multiplayer planes + Traffic Cleaner LUA script: only VATSIM traffic on G1000

Maybe you could implement the function of that LUA script directly into XPilot?

Thanks,

Bernhard.

PS: The script is on https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/42546-general-tcas-cleanup/

Bernhard Harb

VACC Austria Member

• 9 months later...
noam bar
Posted
Posted

tcas not work