You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPlane 10 - how do I connect with vPilot?

claus jensen

claus jensen
Posted
Posted

Does the vPilot software work with XPlane 10?

I am getting this error message “Unhandled exception: SimConnect not found.” When I try to install vPilot 2.4.0.

My Pc is running Windows 10 Pro with all current updates etc.

Appreciate any help figuring this out!

X-Plane 10 / x737-800 / pilot with Alaska Airlines Virtual / VATSIM Call sign: ASA4357 /

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

vPilot is for FSX and P3D only. For X-Plane there is xPilot (similar name and similar interface, so, confusion is understandable). Whether it works on version 10 vs version 11, I'm actually not sure!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

claus jensen
Posted
Posted
vPilot is for FSX and P3D only. For X-Plane there is xPilot (similar name and similar interface, so, confusion is understandable). Whether it works on version 10 vs version 11, I'm actually not sure!

Thanks Robert. I will try xPilot.

X-Plane 10 / x737-800 / pilot with Alaska Airlines Virtual / VATSIM Call sign: ASA4357 /

Andrew Gransden
Posted
Posted

XPilot still has some issues particularly with other aircraft position updates when viewed from the cockpit. A good alternative for XP11 is the Swift Alpha release or Swift with the AFV Standalone app. It is more complex to set up but far more stable.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

OP is on XP10, not XP11. I'm not actually sure what his options are.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
XPilot still has some issues particularly with other aircraft position updates when viewed from the cockpit. A good alternative for XP11 is the Swift Alpha release or Swift with the AFV Standalone app. It is more complex to set up but far more stable.

Are you referencing TCAS targets or actual aircraft? If you’re still having troubles with inaccurate aircraft positions, creating a topic in the xPilot forum would be very helpful, otherwise I just [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume it’s working.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS