You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Future of Sweatbox

Marc Riedel 837945

Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted

Hello Christopher

Since yesterday I call myself as an "Sweatbox-User" who knows how it works. I made a technique where I can set up a run within minutes.

I have a background of such kind of software because I had the chance to went to RL sims and I also hold a licence of a professional comercial sim software called ROSE.

From that background I also have some suggestions in the future delevopment of Sweatbox - if there is any.

- Is there another version of Sweatbox planned?

- Is it already under development?

- Is there an interest to develope Sweatbox in the future?

Right now I see no other posibillity to get in contact but this forum. I would be glad if I could get an aswer of my questions and a direct contact as well.

Cheers,

Marc Riedel

vACC-SAG Director, Mentor & ATC Frankfurt FIR

Manager VATEUD ATC-Academy, VATEUD/SAG Examiner

967.png

• 2 weeks later...
Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted

Is there anyone who can answer...?

Marc Riedel

967.png

Mark Jansen
Posted
Posted

Marc,

We from the Dutch VACC use ACsim quite often for training our controllers for EHAM_DEL and EHAM_APP positions.

I am a Simulator Training Operator (STO) in real world for ATC the Netherlands so basicly the whole ACsim/Sweatbox idea is what I do in real world as well. ATC the Netherlands works with 3 simulators which are all completely different. Since I work at all of them, you can say that I have some experience with blipdriving The point I wanted to make is that ACsim is useful, but obviously the program has it's limitations. The biggest limitation is that an aircraft is unable to fly a specific route. This makes the program very unuseful for Area Control positions. Also, flying SIDs is very hard at this moment since it requires a lot of attention and manual work from a blipdriver.

I'm not a programmer myself, that's something I know nothing about. I would like to offer my help however to any programmer who can improve the ACsim functionality. So Chris, if you read this, feel free to contact me on [email protected]. I'd be happy to help.

Best regards,

Mark Jansen

Director Dutch VACC

http://www.dutchvacc.nl

Mark Jansen

Director Dutch VACC

http://www.dutchvacc.nl

Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mark,

I cannot believe, that nobody responsible is givien a little reply to my questions - either Christopher nor somebody from the developer department nor VATSIM staff...

Marc Riedel

967.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Marc, Chris is the only person who can answer your questions. He hasn't been around much lately due to real-world commitments.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted
Marc, Chris is the only person who can answer your questions. He hasn't been around much lately due to real-world commitments.

And let's keep that in perspective folks; these people are donating time to a HOBBY...this isn't a job where they get paid. And I'm most certain that not everyone monitors these forums daily, and that would include those who are developing software.

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted

No need to make a big wave, guys - nobody was going in the direction of being unthankful!

He hasn't been around much lately due to real-world commitments.

That's at least an information why I don't get any reponse - that easy... isn't it?

Marc Riedel

967.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
No need to make a big wave, guys - nobody was going in the direction of being unthankful!

He hasn't been around much lately due to real-world commitments.

That's at least an information why I don't get any reponse - that easy... isn't it?

It's a question of attitude, Marc. Your posts convey the attitude that you believe you deserve or are entitled to timely answers to your questions, when that just isn't the case.

Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted
It's a question of attitude, Marc. Your posts convey the attitude that you believe you deserve or are entitled to timely answers to your questions, when that just isn't the case.

If somebody asks something in a community forum than it is absolutly normal to get an answer... otherwise the question is - for what do we need a forum?

Again - I am not unthankful, I am thankful for everything we have in this great community and I also may say - as somebody who is spending as well uncountable time for this HOBBY. I am not programming but as Mentor, examier, organisator (i.e. of Frankfurt Overload), manual writer, Director of Frankfurt FIR, writer and little manager of "ROTATE" the SAG-Magazine, instructor of VATEUD-TD (Manager of ATC-Academy - instructing all INS in Europe) and supporting our pilot by more than 2200 plain ATC hours.

Please don't approach me that way - you just missunderstood my way of writing when I ask everybody if anyone knows something - what you finally did and I am happy with that information. There is nothing worse than getting no answers if something is important to you - at least for me...

If it is something personally - feel free to talk to me privately.

Marc Riedel

967.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If somebody asks something in a community forum than it is absolutly normal to get an answer... otherwise the question is - for what do we need a forum?

Uhm ... who said it wasn't normal to get an answer? You just seemed irritated that you weren't getting an answer right away, which is what I was responding to. Whatever, probably just a language barrier issue.

Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted
You just seemed irritated that you weren't getting an answer right away, which is what I was responding to.

1. Post: Posted: 17 Aug 2006 12:48 - Asking questions

2. Post: Posted: 28 Aug 2006 12:06 - Asking again

3. Post: Posted: 05 Sep 2006 12:38 - after your post

Ross, do you not agree that waiting for an answer for 20 days is not "right away" but rather "patient"?

Marc Riedel

967.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I refer to your tone, not the amount of time you waited. Forget it ... I'm obviously not explaining my point well enough, and it's become a bigger deal than it really is.

Marc Riedel 837945
Posted
Posted

OK, before it was because I obviously wanted to have an answer right away - now it's the tone (of a not native speaker) - got it and will shut up here in vatsim forum...

Marc Riedel

967.png