You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error thrown after restart of Xpilot

Jamie Major 1273522

Jamie Major 1273522
Posted
Posted

Hello, been having this problem for a while now if I start Xpilot then close it and attempt to open it agian it throws this error.

P2c9KfJ.png

Not sure whats going on with it. Can confirm its fully closed down.

Any ideas thanks.

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I received the same error today as well. Xpilot had loaded just fine a few days ago. This error arose after I downloaded and installed the latest version 1.1.1...I believe.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Do you have exact steps to reproduce this error? I'm unable to reproduce it by opening and closing xPilot.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

If I open XPilot before opening XPlane then it comes up just fine but with the message that it cannot find XPlane.

If I open XPalne and then launch XPIlot the Unhandled exception error pops up.

I did check and I am running the latest version of Windows .net framework 4.8

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

David Veksenfeld
Posted
Posted

I think I figured out a fix.

You probably have other Vatsim Client plugins installed, whether it be XSquakbox or xSwiftbus. If you do, disable them in the plugins list on X-Plane 11. I also disabled xPilot in that list too. I tried launching xPilot after that and it worked, and I re-enabled xPilot in the plugins list. I connected to Vatsim with no issues.

Hopefully this fixes anyone else's issue, and if not make sure you have the latest .NET framework from Microsoft.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Side note -- it's recommended to move any and all other folders for AI traffic or multiplayer network clients completely out of the Resources/plugins folder rather than just disabling them in the menu. Whether or not the above error is related, said plugins can "fight for control" of the aircraft CSL animations.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

You probably have other Vatsim Client plugins installed, whether it be XSquakbox or xSwiftbus. If you do, disable them in the plugins list on X-Plane 11. I also disabled xPilot in that list too. I tried launching xPilot after that and it worked, and I re-enabled xPilot in the plugins list. I connected to Vatsim with no issues.

Hopefully this fixes anyone else's issue, and if not make sure you have the latest .NET framework from Microsoft.

Indeed...this seems to have worked. Thank you

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Indeed...this seems to have worked. Thank you

Which part fixed your issue? Removing other plugins or upgrading your .NET framework version?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

David Veksenfeld
Posted
Posted

Deleting the plugins fixed my issue. I had been running the latest .NET framework when I was getting the issue.