You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problems with AFV with 777 Flightfactor-rammzess on xplane10

Andrea Mazzoni

Andrea Mazzoni
Posted
Posted

Hello to everyone, yesterday I wasn't able to fly during CTP due to this problem with Xplane 10 and Xsquawkbox:

I decide to fly with B777 Flight factor on Xplane10 and when I was connected, I have activated Audioforvatsim for the connection to the audio system. I know that with AFV is necessary active the radio also on the radio panel, so I activated, as you can see, the radio:

failure.JPG

But, nothing. the systems seems that wasn't able to recognize that I have actviated the radio.

Just for info, on this 777, you can't see the "mic" light active over the microphone selector, only a green light, which is clearly visible on the left radio for COM1.

Someone can told me if I made some mistakes or which is the possible reason that has caused this problem with AFV?

Sometimes things get complicated. ATC on VATSIM as Milano Radar (LIMM_N_CTR) Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/italianalien21

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

I think you need to click the volume knob labeled “VHF L” (directly below the VHF L Mic selector)

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately I believe FlightFactor are using non-standard datarefs for their radios (and possibly their electrics?), which makes it really difficult for the clients to read what state the radios are in (powered/unpowered etc).

I believe JARDesign were doing something similar with their Airbus but have since updated it to use the standard X-Plane datarefs so they can actually be read. So really this is a problem for FlightFactor to solve in the long term.

That said, I believe I've seen someone suggesting that they managed to get some success with a FlightFactor aircraft by selecting both VHF L and VHF R radios to on (so you get the green light above both), so that may be worth a try?

(Lots of 'I believes' in there as I'm not an X-Plane user myself so just going off what I've heard).

Vice President, Pilot Training

• 3 weeks later...
Andrea Mazzoni
Posted
Posted
Unfortunately I believe FlightFactor are using non-standard datarefs for their radios (and possibly their electrics?), which makes it really difficult for the clients to read what state the radios are in (powered/unpowered etc).

I believe JARDesign were doing something similar with their Airbus but have since updated it to use the standard X-Plane datarefs so they can actually be read. So really this is a problem for FlightFactor to solve in the long term.

That said, I believe I've seen someone suggesting that they managed to get some success with a FlightFactor aircraft by selecting both VHF L and VHF R radios to on (so you get the green light above both), so that may be worth a try?

(Lots of 'I believes' in there as I'm not an X-Plane user myself so just going off what I've heard).

No the problem is only with Flightfactor, because Jardesign A320 seems that haven't any problem.

Sometimes things get complicated. ATC on VATSIM as Milano Radar (LIMM_N_CTR) Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/italianalien21

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You missed the part where Simon said JARDesigns updated their software to comply.

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=79900

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Andrea Mazzoni
Posted
Posted
You missed the part where Simon said JARDesigns updated their software to comply.

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=79900

Yes, Jardesign it work, I know it because I use the A320 on Xplane 10, but the problem is with 777 Flightfactor. I would understand how it work the system about the audio for this aircraft. Maybe is better advise also the flightfactor developers.....If someone has found a solution, and he/she have this aircraft inside the simulator, any suggest is appreciate.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

xPilot now has dot-commands which override the radio state within the aircraft:

.tx com1

.rx com1 on

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 2 weeks later...
Birger L�¤ssing 1106808
Posted
Posted

Hello

I have the same problems with the FF B777

but the FF B757 works....

FF=flight factor

Birger L�¤ssing 1106808
Posted
Posted

I have checked the solution with both radios on

i can recieve the voice , but i can´t send . I will try it so on, it must work...

Birger L�¤ssing 1106808
Posted
Posted

it works

i can recieve and send with the FF B777

AFV on and then both radios an

then Comm 1 (below the radios on)