You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Radio Transmissions coming in Unreadable

Mason McCall 1438364

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I have been part of the VATSIM community for about a year and a half now, and my radio transmissions before the new Audio for VATSIM update came through perfectly and with no issues.

Ever since I’ve started using this new audio, air traffic control as well as other pilots have been completely unable to hear me, as my transmissions come in EXTREMELY broken and unreadable. The absolute best reception of my transmissions I’ve heard from ATC is 2 by 5. However, I do remain connected to the network 99% of the time, with the *rare* disconnection from the voice server.

I am very lost as what to do to even begin to attempt to resolve this problem and get back to using my mic on the network. My specifications are as follows:

Windows 10 (32 bit)

NVIDIA Processor with DirectX 10

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (with Service Pack 1)

vPilot for FSX (with SimConnect)

Thrustmaster mic and headset

Any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance or advice helps!

Thank you so much!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Does it sound like crackle or does it sound like you're only receiving bits and pieces of the transmissions? How is your internet connection? What about your CPU usage and system in general when this happens?

Me.

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

My internet and WiFi connection is usually very close to full or completely full. Other than my simulator, vPilot is the only other program running. People are only receiving bits and pieces of the transmissions.

Occasionally ATC will come in to me broken but that’s not near as bad as how I’m transmitting.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Are you running vPilot as an administrator?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

I have not tried that yet. I figured it wouldn’t make that much, if any of a difference.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Please let us know if it does, or if it does not! Would be good to know!

Don Desfosse

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

Ok, I’ll do that and I’ll let you know. Thanks! Any other suggestions in the case that this doesn’t work?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I don't have any personally... Hoping running as admin solves the problem, and again very interested if it does! Thanks!

Don Desfosse

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Another option could be to try task manager > details > Process Priority and set vPilot to 'High'.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

Alright, perfect! I will try that. Will it help if I do the same thing for FSX too?

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted
Alright, perfect! I will try that. Will it help if I do the same thing for FSX too?

Probably not - it sounds like your PC is short of resources so the aim is to allocate a few more CPU cycles to vPilot even when it is not in focus, as opposed to giving them all to FSX.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

I believe you’re correct. It’s an older computer, and so you’re 100% correct when you say it’s low on resources. I’ll try running vPilot as administrator and I’ll get back to you. Thank you so much!

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much! Both of those, running as priority and administrator, solved my problem. Thank you so much!

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

Alright, those problems have been somewhat fixed, but not completely. Still pretty broken on the comms, but somewhat good at times. Any other suggestions?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Buy a new PC

And in a slightly more serious tone: Wait for a couple of months. I believe it's in our future plans to optimize the client library further

Me.

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

I do need a new computer badly, I can tell you that for sure! Anyway, that’s perfect. In the meantime, I’ll either use text or try my best to fix this. Thank you so much!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Anything you can do to reduce CPU use will help. Disable AntiVirus scans, Windows Updates, change all visual options within Windows to the simplest settings, etcetera.

Just be careful with leaving your PC vulnerable.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Mason McCall 1438364
Posted
Posted

Alright, I’ll do that. Thank you so much for your help!

• 1 year later...
parsan hamidi
Posted
Posted
On 11/4/2019 at 5:04 AM, Nestor Perez said:

Buy a new PC

And in a slightly more serious tone: Wait for a couple of months. I believe it's in our future plans to optimize the client library further

I still have the same issue, I have a decent pc (specs: Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1650, 16 GB ram) and a very good wifi connection, when I speed test it shows that im downloading at 400 mbps and uploading at 150 mbps but yet the static and cutting in and out keeps happening, Idk if its because I live in Dubai. Its really annoying and it makes my flight a very bad experience cause EVERY second I have to disconnect and rejoin again, multiple atc's have complained about me leaving and joining, if there is a fix please tell me :)

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Parsan,

It can well be due to the fact that you are located in Dubai. UAE has a long history of blocking and interfering with UDP connections. Other members seemed to have solved this issue by using a VPN. Have you tried this yet?

Cheers,

Me.