You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV Not Working With FSInn-Nothing Works

Erwin Michael 1081376

Erwin Michael 1081376
Posted
Posted (edited)

Tried everything. I have spent somewhere between 10 to 12 hours working on it. No matter what I do it always says cannot connect and to check sim configuration. I'm at my wit's end. I know vpilot is newer but it lacks traffic radar and a few other things that FSInn has, which as an older program is in ways more advanced than vpilot. I also like FSInn because I can operate full screen without using two separate computers. Also, the last couple of flights with vpilot, I could have been involved in two separate mid-air collisions except for the other pilots taking action. My TCAS did not pick them up and I had no traffic radar to warn me.

I understand others have been able to use FSInn with AFV. I am WILLING TO PAY for someone to remote access my system and to make it work correctly. Someone who has done it on their system already. Or, if you live in the Austin-Texas area and want to do it onsite that would be okay too. Better yet, Vatsim could decide AFV still has too many bugs except for vpilot and revert back. Too many people having problems.

Contact me at: [MOD REMOVED]

I might not respond to everyone if I get too many emails. THANKS!

Edited by Guest

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Erwin. I have removed your email from your message; it's probably not the best idea to leave your email address in a public forum. You will receive notifications in automagically in your inbox whenever there's a reply to your post

Me.

Erwin Michael 1081376
Posted
Posted

Thank you Mr. Perez!

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hello Erwin,

Just to check:

- Are you running the AFV Standalone Client on the same PC as your simulator?

- Have you got FSUIPC installed in your simulator?

- Have you ticked the "use FSUIPC with FS9/FSX/P3D" box in the AFV Standalone Client?

Thanks,

Simon

Vice President, Pilot Training

Erwin Michael 1081376
Posted
Posted

Simon, Yes to all three.

Erwin Michael 1081376
Posted
Posted

Simon, When I run vpilot, the FSUIPC emblem shows but not when in FSInn.

Erwin Michael 1081376
Posted
Posted

To make sure, I downloaded and installed FSUIPC. Started up the sim and connected to Vatsim by clicking on the Vatsim button. Started up the AFV and it connected. Then the Vatsim button on the FSINN control panel turned off. Then AFV disconnected then reconnected on its own. I clicked on the Vatsim button again and it showed connected, then went off again. I moved the aircraft to where other pilots were and I could see them on the FSInn radar. I clicked on FSInn's aircraft button to read what type of aircraft, pilot name, and home field. The simulator crashed. I'm thinking the AFV, AVF, what, I can't remember what it is called, is my connection to Vatsim and the rest of FSInn, such as the radar will work. Hopefully, the text will work too. It is late, I'm tired. Will try it out again Wednesday.

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted
To make sure, I downloaded and installed FSUIPC. Started up the sim and connected to Vatsim by clicking on the Vatsim button. Started up the AFV and it connected. Then the Vatsim button on the FSINN control panel turned off. Then AFV disconnected then reconnected on its own. I clicked on the Vatsim button again and it showed connected, then went off again. I moved the aircraft to where other pilots were and I could see them on the FSInn radar. I clicked on FSInn's aircraft button to read what type of aircraft, pilot name, and home field. The simulator crashed. I'm thinking the AFV, AVF, what, I can't remember what it is called, is my connection to Vatsim and the rest of FSInn, such as the radar will work. Hopefully, the text will work too. It is late, I'm tired. Will try it out again Wednesday.

I'm afraid that description doesn't make much sense. There is nothing about AFV that would cause your client (FSInn) to disconnect. If the Vatsim button turns off then go to Set/Networks/Vatsim and in the bottom left of that window it will tell you why FSInn disconnected. What does it say?

AFV is not your connection to Vatsim. FSInn is. If the radar is working with aircraft showing then you ARE connected to Vatsim through FSInn. All AFV does is to find that connection and process voice for it. As I've asked you 3 times now, when you connect AFV it should be reporting back the callsign you connected FSInn with, is it doing that?

Bill Casey

Erwin Michael 1081376
Posted
Posted

1. Then the lighted Vatsim button going unlit does not mean I am disconnected. Thank you for the clarification.

2. If FSInn disconnects today, I will look to Set/Networks/Vatsim and see what it says.

3. OK, I understand the connection thing now. Thank you.

4. Previously, AFV would briefly show my callsign but it would immediately not show it and would say to configure my sim. But last night, the callsign lit up and stayed lit.

Maybe I've gotten lucky and it is now working.

Thanks Bill.

Erwin Michael 1081376
Posted
Posted

I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT!!

First, let me give my sincere appreciation to each and every one of you that tried to help me run FSInn with AFV and everyone that told me about running Vpilot on a second system.

Yesterday was rush all day and then I was involved in a competition from 4:30 PM until 10:30 PM. I was completely exhausted after getting home and I knew I should not have gotten on the computer and tried one more time to make it work. But, I did. And now I realize I was not running AFV last night but was actually switching back and forth between Vpilot and FSInn. I think we can all agree that I'm an idiot.

So, when I tried again just a bit ago, I realized the stupid thing I had done and again tried to make it work (FSInn and AFV). The same problem, it said I needed to configure my sim. So I have had to make a decision and I have.

I will no longer bother my fellow simmers with my problem. I will not be forced to having to resort to Vpilot just in order to have voice. I will stay with FSInn and no voice and when that becomes a problem, I will quit. I've had thousands of enjoyable hours anyway and have lots to be grateful for.

All of you are a great bunch of people! Again, thank you all.