You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error after connecting

steven PAPAI 1317636

steven PAPAI 1317636
Posted
Posted

Hello after connecting I get this error. It lets me connect but I cant hear anyone.

[19:52:49] Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Unauthorized - {"type":"https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7235#section-3.1","title":"Unauthorized","status":401,"traceId":"|22ee577e-4f6216eab71295c0."})

Stone

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

We've seen this error popping up for a few users in xPilot , but this is the first time I've seen it for vPilot. Can you confirm you're getting this error in vPilot?

Also, even though the error message is a little different, can you check your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word entry, including capitalization, as described in viewtopic.php?f=156&t=80043 and report back if very carefully ensuring your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word was entered correctly including capitalization solved the issue for this error message?

Thanks!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

steven PAPAI 1317636
Posted
Posted

Yeah I've entered in the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and everything correctly. It is in vpilot.

Stone

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

And sorry to ask again but just to be 100% sure, you've completely deleted everything in the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word field and manually entered the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, NOT copied and pasted?

Don Desfosse

steven PAPAI 1317636
Posted
Posted

Yes I entered the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word in manually. Although I did change my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word a few ago which could have caused it give me that error. But wierd thing is it connects me fine. I can see the other aircraft. I did see somewere were it said if you change you p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word you have to wait 48 hours for it work. Not sure though. But yes I did enter my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word carefully. And the error is in Vpilot. I also have xplane and use xpilot and that works fine.

Stone

steven PAPAI 1317636
Posted
Posted

Could it be that vPilot is conflicting with xPilot?

Stone

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

OMG you don't have both open at the same time, do you!?!?!

Don Desfosse

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

If so, yes, that is very likely your problem!

Don Desfosse

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

And, since I just noticed that you recently changed your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, that could also be an issue. P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word changes, membership changes, new memberships, etc. get pushed to the various distributed servers during the day. Right now, those changes get flowed to AFV only once per day (though the team is working to increase that literally as we speak!!!). But really I wonder if you were trying to use one with the other open (vPilot vs. xPilot)?

Don Desfosse

steven PAPAI 1317636
Posted
Posted

No I just had vPilot open.

Stone

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Ah, OK. Still trying to solve the mystery. Worst case, as of now, the AFV servers sync with VATSIM new/updated info once a day at 12Z. I am literally typing this very second (well, minute) with the right folks trying to increase that to 4x or 6x a day. I'm told the team just needs to optimize some code, but will start working it now.

Don Desfosse

steven PAPAI 1317636
Posted
Posted

Alright thanks appreciate it.

Stone

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I tried logging in tonight and received this message:

(Unauthorized - {"type":"https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7235#section-3.1","title":"Unauthorized","status":401,"traceId":"|242db9d5-4f6216eab71295c0."})

I have not had an issue before and have not changed my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word since initiating use of AFV last month in VPilot.

The strange thing is that I had not been able to connect AFV through VRC before today-kept getting authentication failure messages-so I uninstalled and reinstalled AFV (on a different computer) without changing any login information and it worked. But now I have no AFV through VPilot on this computer.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

• 2 weeks later...
Robert Stecki 1215431
Posted
Posted

I'm now having this issue. Any clue how to fix it?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

This post is sticked at the top of every VATSIM forum.... Have you read/tried it?

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=80043

Don Desfosse

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I was informed that it was guaranteed to be a 'typing the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word' problem and indeed, after ensuring that I was correctly capitalizing what needed to be I was able to gain access.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Ian Messenger 840629
Posted
Posted

I have exactly the same problem as Steven has.

VPilot was working OK till I changed my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word yesterday.

Can connect to Squawk box no problem but not VPilot

Am using it in FSX with registered FSUIPC installed

Is there a solution or do I need to wait longer for the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to be set?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Up to 24 hours... As stickied at the top of every forum... viewtopic.php?f=156&t=80043

Don Desfosse