You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV doesnt 'see' Euroscope connection.

Rob Stephens

Rob Stephens
Posted
Posted

At last yesterday I had a reasonable connection to Euroscope (AFV only dropped out twice in 2 hours). Saved the ES profile. Reopened it today - all good I have aircraft moving about the SMR - all ES items seem good. Start up AFV and the error message says I am not connected to Vatsim.

So I remove AFV from PC and reload (let installer decide where) - same. Please help - this is turning an enjoyable hobby into a nightmare. Very frustrating as pre-AFV I had a good stable ES connection.

Andrew Gransden
Posted
Posted

Ensure you are using the latest version of ES 3.2q(r23). Once connected at your position check that Primary and Text RCX/TX are ticked. Opening AFV should display you controller position and green RX/TX buttons. If not, click + and type in your controller position (eg EGPD_TWR).

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Rob,

After 20 days of continuous operation the slurper (which pulls the info about your connection to the network and feeds it to the voice servers) decided that it had slurped enough!

We've rebooted it and now it should all be back to normal.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Rob Stephens
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply Andrew. The problem is I do that and get the error message 'Couldn't find active Vatsim connection; please connect to Vatsim first'. Bit of a ****** when you are watching active traffic on the Vatsim connection it cant see.

Not sure I understand your reply though Simon - hehe

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

"Slurper" is the AFV programmer team's pseudo-dirty code word for the link between the FSD network (regular VATSIM servers) and the new voice architecture. It stopped working & has now been restarted. That may or may not have been your problem.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Rob Stephens
Posted
Posted

No change after complete reload of ES; AFV and the bridge plug-in. Microphone is saying its connected to TS3; ES and AFV. Am seeing aircraft moving on the SMR. AFV still refuses to 'see' the vatsim connection. TS3 seems to be working ok as well.

Rob Stephens
Posted
Posted

Changed some things - think it works now. At least its been stable for a couple of minutes. Not sure why.

• 6 months later...
Artur Vasiljev
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2019 at 6:40 PM, Rob Stephens said:

Changed some things - think it works now. At least its been stable for a couple of minutes. Not sure why.

I know it has been many months, but could you remember what did you do? I am getting the same thing now

ARTURS VASIĻJEVS | VATEUD5
Division Community Director
## [email protected]
## [email protected]
VATSIM Europe Division

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

It was a server issue. Got fixed within 10 minutes of the initial report 🙂

Me.