You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can I fly on VATSIM if I have P1 rating?

Michal Krol 1467192

Michal Krol 1467192
Posted
Posted

Hi!

I read a lot on VATSIM website, but I still don't know one thing - if I have P1 pilot rating, can I fly on VATSIM or I need to have some higher rating? And can I fly here if I would have no rating (P0)?

Thanks,

Michal

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

You do not need any ratings to fly on VATSIM. Before hopping on-line please read through the Code of Conduct in particular this section:

B8 - A pilot must comply with all agreed (read-back) air traffic control clearances and all issued instructions, or notify air traffic control without delay if unable to do so. Additionally, compliance with the following ATC instructions is mandatory, unless operational safety (e.g. TCAS conflict resolution) is compromised:

- Holding position when on the ground at an airport.

- Flying at a speed.

- Flying a heading.

- Flying at an altitude or flight level.

Enjoy the network!

Tomas Hansson

• Board of Governors
Simon Kelsey
Posted
Posted

Hi Michal,

All pilot ratings are purely voluntary.

Obviously I would suggest that any member, old or new, would benefit greatly from completing at least the P1 and the following ratings, but there is no requirement to do so in order to fly.

Vice President, Pilot Training

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

I agree 100% with Simon! You can find a complete list of Authorized Training Organizations (ATOs) here: https://vasops.vatsim.net/

Tomas Hansson

Michal Krol 1467192
Posted
Posted

Thank you, guys!

I did P1 rating, but anyway you helped me with understanding the purpose of ratings.

And I'm very happy because yesterday I completed my first flight on Vatsim!

Thanks,

Michal

Ken Pryor
Posted
Posted

Congratulations on your first flight Michal! Hope you continue enjoying VATSIM for many years to come.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
KALMAN CSEH 1447874
Posted
Posted

Hi, my name is Kalman and just I want asking a little help. I started now the Vatsim couple of days ago, I did 3-4 flights with Vatsim. I use the xplane11 with xsquawkbox. Everything was maybe good:) no problems, I used the UNICOM in the uncontrolled sectors with text. But when I was in the controlled sector I couldn’t use the voice control, with enyone. everyone was just on text. it’s usual or not? I wanted use the voice control, with the ATC guys but unfortunately everybody was just on the text. maybe I have some problem with my radio, but I think if I can use the text, my airplane’s radio working good right? I use Tolis A319 and Zibo737 and same things. If I opened someone’s file on the vatsim map, I saw that things:” Voice server is not available” is that mean I can’t use the voice just text? sorry I’m a beginner and I think need lot of training with the clients setup.

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

Hi Kalman, you have to download an Audio for Vatsim standalone client. visit audio.vatsim.net.

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Kalman, since your question doesn't have anything to do with having or not having a P1 Pilot Rating it would probably have been better to start your own topic. Or still better, look through the forums for similar topics to yours which are already under discussion. You might find the answer you need is already out there.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png