You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnected from voice server. Reason: Lost connection

Daniel Dietz 1177807

Daniel Dietz 1177807
Posted
Posted

I always end up with this error. It occures regular, like every 2 minutes. Sometimes it's just every 20 minutes. Doesn't matte if i am in radar contact or just on unicom.

My internet connection is fine and stable.

I use vPilot & Prepar3D V4.5 & FS Labs Airbus.

Really need a solution here since it's really annoying to reconnect every 5 mins or so.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Daniel

Patrik Yngver
Posted
Posted

Similar problem here, but it doesn't disconnect just isn't connected anymore, hence, no voice from ATC/other aircraft. When disconnecting a run-time error occurs in the Audio for VATSIM 1.6.32 application is displayed with a wall of text.

Running FS2004 with swift on Windows 7.

Patrik Yngvér

VATSIM Thailand vACC Deputy Director

C3 ENR Controller

ESNO, Sweden

spacer.png

Patrick Weber 1235776
Posted
Posted

Good Day everyone,

I have the similar problem!

Any Advice or Solution out here?

It is getting really annoying.

Thanks in advance and Greetings

Patrick

Pierre-Olivier Fleury 1267
Posted
Posted

Same problem here ....

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Maybe reading the pinned topics helps

viewforum.php?f=156

Me.

Andrew Smith 928700
Posted
Posted

Is someone looking into this consistant problem.?

Is there a fix/update forthcoming?

This is getting annoying and frustrating,or maybe i'll stick with text only.

Andy Smith

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Of course we are looking into it, but unless people report what Gary asked for in that post, there's no information to work with

Me.

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

The post from Don doesn't deal with the 'Lost connection' issue, as I read it. Yesterday, I, for the first time, experienced this issue on a flight from LOWS to ESSA. Until reaching Swedish airspace I had no issues - no atc so on unicom 122.8, but could listen to controllers on my COM2 radio. In Sweden there was a C3 exam, so a good deal of trafic. I was repeatedly disconnected from the voice server with 1-2 min intervals until I was on the ils approach. Perhaps my low altitude on the approach cut off some of the traffic, making it possible to maintain voice server connection - I don't know.

I am using P3Dv4.5 and vPilot. vPilot runs on a separated computer (so networked).

regards

Torben

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Not Don's, there's more posts in the main section

viewtopic.php?f=156&t=79788

Me.

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

Ah, wilco.

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

viewforum.php?f=156

and maybe it doesnt! Reason for the forum little buddy.

1.jpg

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Well then reply to the questions asked in that thread. It's the basic things we need to know and I still haven't seen anybody providing the details we ask for

Me.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
If you experience persistent disconnects from this point on wards can we ask that you do the following.

1) Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/whfkbcodrxkfs6u/NLog.zip?dl=0

2) Unzip the nlog.config file into either your vpilot or standalone client folder

3) Run vpilot or the standalone

4) Wait for a disconnect

5) Post the following in this thread :-

-Disconnect Time:

-How Often your disconnects are:

-What error the client showed on disconnect:

-Callsign:

-Client Version:

-Internet Speed:

-Internet Provider or rough real world location:

-A link to a zipfile of the debug.txt file if it exists as well as the Log folder within your client

Thanks

Gary

AFV Lead

Me.

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted
Well then reply to the questions asked in that thread. It's the basic things we need to know and I still haven't seen anybody providing the details we ask for

LOL, just teasing my friend. Great work!!!

1.jpg

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Is it just me? When I go to Gary's post linked above, there's no REPLY button. And no replies since the day he posted it. Are these two facts linked?

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Yep, that post is locked. Feel free to reply to those questions here

Me.

Chris Hadden
Posted
Posted

-Disconnect Time: 14:04, 14:05, 14:07, 14:14z, 14:16.

-How Often your disconnects are: Every 5-10 minutes sometimes every 45-60 minutes, or every minute.

-What error the client showed on disconnect: None, debug: Client Disconnected with Lost connection

-Callsign: ORD_I_GND

-Client Version: Standalone V1.6.32

-Internet Speed: 300 mb/s

-Internet Provider or rough real world location: Optimum, NJ, USA.

-A link to a zipfile of the debug.txt file if it exists as well as the Log folder within your client: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xKRzn15a0QoQnCda1wCFpA9sVH_lZS47?usp=sharing

Roman Sill 1396053
Posted
Posted
Is it just me? When I go to Gary's post linked above, there's no REPLY button. And no replies since the day he posted it. Are these two facts linked?

Same here. Changed machines, got the voice disconnection issue. Read the forums, checked the pinned threads. Tried the steps. No use. Now I dl an unknown (on a new pc- really nervous about security) file from Dropbox in desperation, get ready to report- no button.

Real World:

Windows 10 v1809

vPilot v2.4.0

Maine, USA

Provider GWI

Sufficient bandwidth

Call NPEPE, N123, NPEP3

Note: only fails on new machine. No security flags, permitted through firewall, as admin

EDITED to add data

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dRYOfeK8EfYNQIwQlxUFzTY0nqR0toSX?usp=sharing

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Quick thought here....

We stayed connected for 7 days during World Flight without any issues, as did most of the simulator teams.

None of us run any firewall or security type products on our simulator PC's. Is there a correlation with software firewall or AV products at all?

Also Windows Defender settings? Anyone having problems can you post what security products you have installed?

Roman Sill 1396053
Posted
Posted

I am only using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Whitelisted with both. (inbound/outbound ports and program executable)

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

-Disconnect Time: December 2nd at 2026z and 2027z

-How Often your disconnects are: Twice within a couple of minutes

-What error the client showed on disconnect: vPilot showed in red: Disconnected from voice server. Reason: Lost connection to voice server

-Callsign: UAL1649

-Client Version: vPilot 2.4.0

-Internet Speed: 118 mb/s

-Internet Provider or rough real world location: Stofa, Esbjerg, Denmark

-Content of logfile:

2019-12-02 21:26:44.8625 GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection Lost connection to Voice Server

2019-12-02 21:27:41.3642 GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection Lost connection to Voice Server

Torben

Fabio Miguel 1394656
Posted
Posted
Quick thought here....

We stayed connected for 7 days during World Flight without any issues, as did most of the simulator teams.

None of us run any firewall or security type products on our simulator PC's. Is there a correlation with software firewall or AV products at all?

Also Windows Defender settings? Anyone having problems can you post what security products you have installed?

As I said in an older post, I'm using Kaspersky AV, but whitelisted xPilot. Windows Defender is disabled. When I connect for the first time, I get a disconnect after 10 to 15 seconds. When I try to connect again, I don't get the disconnection message, but I can't hear or transmit anything. Within the 10 to 15 seconds before the disconnection, I can press the PPT button and see the TX button turning green. After that time, the TX button doesn't work anymore. I made a test using a VPN to connect and it worked just fine. So I figure out it's a problem with my ISP. They don't support IPv4 anymore, they use CGNAT technology and I think that's the problem. Also, because of that, I can't open or forward any ports of my network. If there's a way to fix that, it'd very appreciated!

Chris Hadden
Posted
Posted

-Disconnect Time: 19:52, 20:02, 20:05, 20:09, 20:13, 20:27, 20:45, 20:47, 20:55, 21:05, 21:10, 21:18, 21:29, 21:34, 21:59, 22:02, 22:05, 22:15, 22:23, 22:25, 22:28, 22:30, 22:38, 22:40, 22:51 (All times in Zulu)

-How Often your disconnects are: Every 5-10 minutes, or every two minutes.

-What error the client showed on disconnect: None, debug: Client Disconnected with Lost connection, Disconnected with closing.

-Callsign: CHI_Z_APP

-Client Version: Standalone V1.6.32

-Internet Speed: 300 mb/s

-Internet Provider or rough real world location: Optimum, NJ, USA.

-A link to a zipfile of the debug.txt file if it exists as well as the Log folder within your client: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p6nl9g28iukp0R8UO4VWnXjZI2kC2O8Z?usp=sharing

Here is a bunch of disconnects for you. .

Windows defender disabled, no other security programs running.

• 2 weeks later...
Gary Price
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am still getting voice and server disconnects from the new voice servers. I saw a post in another thread, and am posting my details below if anyone is still looking into this issue:

-Disconnect Time: 19:56

-How Often your disconnects are: every 5-10 minutes

-What error the client showed on disconnect: Disconnected from voice server. Reason: lost connection. then 5 minutes later Network error: endreceive failed (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established a connection failed because connected host has failed to respond Disconnected from network

-Callsign: UAL490

-Client Version: vpilot 2.4

-Internet Speed: 50mb

-Internet Provider or rough real world location: Spectrum Internet, Dallas Texas, USA

-A link to a zipfile of the debug.txt file if it exists as well as the Log folder within your client:

2019-12-12 13:56:58.6755 GeoVR.Connection.ClientConnection Lost connection to Voice Server

Note I have restarted my modem and router countless times, and have opened up the firewall for the vpilot app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Gary

Edited by Guest

Gary Price

UAL001

Chief Executive Officer

Virtual United Airlines

www.virtualunitedairlines.org

Gary Price
Posted
Posted

phew, glad its just not me having these issues. I made a new post with my information prior to seeing this one...

Hoping a fix can be found, its pretty annoying.

Gary

Gary Price

UAL001

Chief Executive Officer

Virtual United Airlines

www.virtualunitedairlines.org