You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Parallels Choppy Sound while Controlling

Brogan Lopez

Brogan Lopez
Posted
Posted

Hey Guys,

Love the new CODEC. I have successfully controlled multiple times with the AFV thru Parallels on vSTARS and vERAM. The only complaint that I keep getting is that I sound I sound choppy to some pilots. Another controller in my facility is having the same issue using Parallels and controlling via a MAC.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? And do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brogan

Brogan Lopez

Training Administrator/I3

ZME ARTCC

Alex Amorianos
Posted
Posted

I control thru Parallels on my iMac on Euroscope and the standalone AFV client with no issues.

Alex

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I haven't used an Apple computer since 1994, so I admit I have no real clue if this is at all applicable. All I know is that in the Windows world, the complaints that I have seen with respect to choppy voice have been solved by the member remembering to run their program (AFV, vPilot, xPilot, etc.) as an Administrator. I don't know if you can even do that with Mac/Parallels, but if that concept is applicable, may be something to try. Let us know!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

• 2 weeks later...
Brogan Lopez
Posted
Posted

I don't think it's a administrator issue. I've been running with that on every time. I'm still not sure what the solution is on my side other than go get a PC haha.

Brogan Lopez

Training Administrator/I3

ZME ARTCC