You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV error: POST api/v1/users/cid/callsigns/rego

John Golin

John Golin
Posted
Posted

Already advised Gary through other channels but posting here for completeness - during WorldFlight we had a quirky experience with AFV - Using AFV with vPilot we encountered and error specific to the aircraft callsign after working fine for days...

Issue:

• Everything running
    Connect vPilot - successful and remains connected throughout
    Connect AFV

The AFV 'Connect' button switches to 'Disconnect' briefly (1/2rd second), then a dialog pops up with only the following and an 'OK' button:

AFV error: POST api/v1/users/cid/callsigns/rego failed (InternalServerError - 'Core server denied request')

where 'cid' is the VATSIM ID and ' rego' is the aircraft callsign. Clicking OK results in AFV being in the Disconnected state.

Testing:

• Reboot PC - same error
    changed VATSIM ID to another user - same error
    changed callsign to a different callsign - WORKED.
    changed back to original callsign - same error.

At this point we had to depart so stopped troubleshooting

Otherwise it's amazing - AFV has made the congested ATC frequencies so much easier to work with for WorldFlight, keeping the traffic moving!

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Maybe a dumb question, and maybe it's related to networking which I don't do, but since the new audio is native to vPilot, why the need to run AFV alongside vPilot? Also, and this may just be another dumb question, but if you try again on one of the callsigns that you said worked (question is only valid if you have not rebooted the machine since), does it still work?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Which callsign were you using when getting the error?

Me.

• 4 months later...
Daniel Neugebauer
Posted
Posted

Although the thread is rather old and occurred for a pilot connection I think it may be the same issue I had today...

One controller logged in as EDDT_GND in EuroScope and connected to AFV using the standalone client. He then changed position to EDDT_TWR but somehow managed to remain connected to AFV as EDDT_GND. When I logged in he still blocked the AFV connection, resulting in the same message as shown above:

POST api/v1/users/1309811/callsigns/EDDT_GND failed (InternalServerError - "Core server denied request")

It took us ~20 minutes to figure out that he was online under two different callsigns at the same time (EuroScope as TWR, AFV as GND) and had to disconnect/close and reconnect AFV to fix the issue. As soon as he disconnected AFV I was able to login instead (EuroScope as GND, AFV as GND).

This occurred with version 1.7.5.

I am not entirely sure how the standalone usually reacts to changes/disconnects in EuroScope but at least for pilots it closes the connection automatically a few seconds after a VATSIM pilot client has disconnected. It's a bit surprising to see the AFV standalone client being able to carry over an older callsign to a more recent connection, effectively running "out of sync" with the main VATSIM client. I would expect the standalone client to either update the callsign accordingly or at least disconnect (ideally with an error message saying it was due to a change of callsigns).

Mark Barnes
Posted
Posted

If this occurs again - please restart your PC and report back if this fixed it. It'll be a valuable clue - perhaps an orphaned background thread is still running.

Daniel Neugebauer
Posted
Posted

I was the second controller who came online and actually tried everything including a reboot of my PC but it did not help. The controller who first logged in using the same callsign (EDDT_GND) and switched to tower (EDDT_TWR) before I even tried to log in as EDDT_GND for the first time appeared to still use and block the old callsign on AFV (but no longer on FSD) servers. The issue resolved when he restarted his AFV client. I could not do anything about it on my side.