You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vStrips dead?

Torben Andersen

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

Hello

I've downloaded vStrips and it seems to be working. However, customize the program to accomodate a specific airport is not described anywhere. Is there a wiki or is the development of the program dead?

regards

Torben

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

There should be docomeentation to customize the program in the folder where its installed if I remember correctly?

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

Hi, looking at the youtube video (

) 4:17 min this popup window for EGLL is not standard AFAIK, so something similar should be made for the airport(s) I usually work at (Denmark). But how its done - I have no idea.

regards

Torben

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

Found an extra directory made by vStrips in my Docomeents folder. Have now found a way to create bmp-files for stands and HoldingPoints and the corresponding .txt files.

I can see that when using vStrips the lists in Euroscope are being updated for some parts. But in the TopSky plugin I get Rwy Incursion flags, even when I move the strip from Holding to Runway. So updating would be nice, but no developper is at hand apparently.

Torben

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

I reached out to the developers for getting things up to speed with Gardermoen, but they were to busy with other airports at the time. As I understood then it wasn't as simple as just editing the text files but there was also some hardcoding to be done.

As I understand from VATUK forums, one or more of the developers has been suspended from the Network, and as such the plugin is more or less dead. Can still be used, but no further developing.

BTW it is more or less a requirement that all controllers in the same area use it otherwise it may/will overwrite scratchpad info for others and such. Just a friendly warning.

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

Hi Bjoern

Thanks for the warning . Haven't seen any issue as of yet of such a problem. It would be nice if strips were added via Euroscope or TopSky. A lot of development has been focused on the radar client and its visual appearence, but less on other aspects of the ATC 'environment'.

regards

Torben