You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Active sector fixes

Ismail El Moussati

Ismail El Moussati
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

Is there any tip to show only fixes of the active sector ? i know you have to select from Display settings > Fixes ...

But if you select, FIXES will show all of available fixes on the sector file, i am wondering if there is any option to show only fixes of the active position like XXXX_APP ? (TMA Fixes nothing more,) XXXX_CTR (FIXES of CTR) without nearby FIR fixes.

yours,

Ismail El Moussati
Northern Africa Division Founder l VATSIM Network Supervisor
Royal Air Maroc Virtual CEO
Virtual AirTraffic Simulation Network

0.png

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

I dont think it is possible, but you can make an alias file.

In my alias file I have an entry like '.cph22L' which is an alias for '.ff ADOVI LAMOX ABEGI ULTIS'

These waypoint are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with the approach to ryw 22L at Copenhagen Kastrup Airport (EKCH).

hope this helps

Torben

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Ismail El Moussati
Posted
Posted

Thank you Torben for your suggestion, but hard work for ACC to select the entire FIR.

Yours,

Ismail El Moussati
Northern Africa Division Founder l VATSIM Network Supervisor
Royal Air Maroc Virtual CEO
Virtual AirTraffic Simulation Network

0.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ismail,

the only way to do this is working with an ALIAS as Torben suggested or by defining the fixes in your .ASR-files. They will be listed there and you can share this .ASR-file or the list of fixes form it:

Fixes:ABESI:name
Fixes:ABESI:symbol
Fixes:AGNAV:name
Fixes:AGNAV:symbol
Fixes:AKANU:name
Fixes:AKANU:symbol
Fixes:AKASU:name
Fixes:AKASU:symbol
Fixes:AKITO:name
Fixes:AKITO:symbol
Fixes:ALOSI:name
Fixes:ALOSI:symbol
Fixes:AMALI:name
Fixes:AMALI:symbol
etc...

But there will be no way around selecting those fixes manually, don't forget to save your .ASR or your work was done for nothing!

An easy way to start off with a list of waypoints is actually having a look at Skyvector.com and look up all relevant fixes at the border of your airspace and then work your way down to the major airports. Morocco does not see thaaaaaaat much traffic, you will have enough time doing it while you are online as CTR, it will keep the boredom down a bit.

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

If you use the TopSky plugin you can set it up so that it loads whatever fixes/airspaces/custom maps you want depending on the active position. For example in Sweden we have set it up so that VFR fixes are displayed automatically whenever you are logged in on TWR or APP, but not on CTR.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia