You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Correct syntax when entering the path to your CSL models

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

What is the correct syntax when entering the path to your CSL models if you don't want them in the default ...\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL location?

In my case, I want the CSL folder under F:\X-Plane 11\CSL. Would the correct path in this case be F:/X-Plane/CSL using a colon and forward slashes? I saw an example somewhere and how forward slashes were used.

Richard Åsberg

• 2 weeks later...
Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
What is the correct syntax when entering the path to your CSL models if you don't want them in the default ...\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL location?

In my case, I want the CSL folder under F:\X-Plane 11\CSL. Would the correct path in this case be F:/X-Plane/CSL using a colon and forward slashes? I saw an example somewhere and how forward slashes were used.

Either format should work.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 2 months later...
Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Waking this one up since I just started using xPilot again and have a hard time making xPilot use my CSL models unless they are in their default location.

I currently have my CSL folder in the root of my F: drive and have tried to put in both F:\CSL\Bluebell as well as F:/CSL/Bluebell but I get zero models displayed when I connect to the network. I do get the aircraft labels though if I have them enabled. So the aircraft models are injected, it's just that they won't show up.

Could really need some help here even when it seems like the most trivial issue.

Main reason I want to dictate myself where xPilot is looking for CSL models is I have one special CSL model that should only be used for my VA buddies logged on to Vatsim using a callsign including the ICAO code tied to our VA. What I've noticed though is how xPilot keeps using this CSL model also for other aircraft not using our VA ICAO code in their callsign.

To stop this from happening, I want to have two CSL paths for xPIlot defined. Where I'll only enable the path to our VA CSL model when we're doing group flights. For normal flying on Vatsim, I'll keep that path disabled and only use the Bluebell path.

That at least was my plan but doesn't seem to work out particularly good so far...

This is what it looks like right now:

81q0RjI.jpg

Richard Åsberg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

What does the directory structure look like for your F:\CSL\Bluebell folder?

Can you also paste the entire contents of your X-Plane log.txt? I would suggest uploading it to https://pastebin.com/

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I believe I remember seeing somewhere that the CSLs tend not to load if they're stored somewhere outside of the X-Plane root directory, but, I can't locate the thread where it was discussed. Obviously Justin is more of the expert on whether and why that's true, but, it might be something you can test during your troubleshooting.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png