You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

NEW PILOT TO PILOT VOICE CHAT SOFTWARE!!! FREE!!!

Matthew Hillyard

Matthew Hillyard
Posted
Posted (edited)

Download Teamspeak Client at www.goteamspeak.org.

1. After installed click Connection >>> Quick Connect,

2. Enter your Nickname (Preferably your FS2004 name e.g BAW123), and the IP Address (current IP Address is 80.42.50.176:2004') these are the only boxes you will need to fill in,

3. No p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word required,

4. Click Connect and your done, select the appropriate room and begin chatting with pilots from your area!

FAQ:

Question:

When I try to connect, im getting an error message saying:

[**:**:**] Connecting to [iP ADDRESS]

[**:**:**] No reply from server

or maybe teamspeak is not running on it

Answer:

This just means that the IP address you have entered is incorrect, due to frequent changes in IP. To keep up to date with the IP address please add '[email protected]' to your msn messenger contact list. If you do not have MSN Messenger, please email the address and you will get a QUICK reply with the most recent IP Address, then you can begin chatting.

Edited by Guest

Peter Nolin 954217
Posted
Posted

As you said. The teamspeakserver is on a personal computer. Probably in someones bedroom.

Server: 195.54.122.199

Address: 195.54.122.199#53

Non-authoritative answer:

192.59.42.80.in-addr.arpa name = 80-42-59-192.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com.

These servers usually live for 2 weeks then they are forgotten or simply not used due to all connectionproblems.

I would suggest using a dynip service instead, like www.dyndns.com. Or simply get a real static IP. Personally I'm getting a bit tired of all these TS servers popping up just to die a few weeks later.

Kai Klingenberg 827617
Posted
Posted

... and TS isn't new ... round about 5 years old

Kai Klingenberg

vACC-Germany webmaster

td-pilots-banner_v.png

Marcus Wood 813323
Posted
Posted
As you said. The teamspeakserver is on a personal computer. Probably in someones bedroom.

These servers usually live for 2 weeks then they are forgotten or simply not used due to all connectionproblems.

I would suggest using a dynip service instead, like www.dyndns.com. Or simply get a real static IP. Personally I'm getting a bit tired of all these TS servers popping up just to die a few weeks later.

Well I wouldn't connect to anyones Teamspeak server without knowing who they are and why the are running Teamspeak anyway. Seems to me like a why to steal files or something from someone

Marcus Wood

Indianapolis ARTCC

683.png

Matthew Hillyard
Posted
Posted

Well I wouldn't connect to anyones Teamspeak server without knowing who they are and why the are running Teamspeak anyway. Seems to me like a why to steal files or something from someone

NO IT A WAY OF MAKING IT A MORE REALISTIC PLACE

Marcus Wood 813323
Posted
Posted

Explain How?

Marcus Wood

Indianapolis ARTCC

683.png

Dylan Reichstadt 979529
Posted
Posted

It is actually unsafe believe it or not. When registering with a Teamspeak Server, you should be familier with the person who host's it, and make sure you can trust them.

The reason why I say this is because it is very easy to access p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words to registered members when hosted off of a home PC.

As for stealing files, I don't believe you can do that with the software. P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words and IP's are the only thing at risk.

Remember, trust the person and you should be safe.

-New To vatsim-

Marcus Wood 813323
Posted
Posted

As for stealing files, I don't believe you can do that with the software. P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words and IP's are the only thing at risk.

Remember, trust the person and you should be safe.

When I said files, was kind of a polite way of saying p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words

Marcus Wood

Indianapolis ARTCC

683.png