You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot is unable to connect to X-Plane.

gabriel lima 1421616

gabriel lima 1421616
Posted
Posted

I´m having some troubles in X-Pilot,I downloaded X-Pilot correctly for X-Plane 11 following the download manual on the site, but it says it is waiting for X-Plane to connect and when I try to connect it says: xPilot can't connect to X-Plane Plane Make sure X-Plane is running and a flight is loaded. I've already tried downloading again, but it doesn't work (I uninstalled before obviously downloading again) and the files in the plugins are normal.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It sounds like the plugin didn't make it into your X-Plane installation. Can you confirm you specified the correct directory for X-Plane, and, can you check \X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\ to see if there's a folder in there called "xPilot"?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

gabriel lima 1421616
Posted
Posted

Yes, it is there and in the same place you wrote it, \ X-Plane 11 \ Resources \ plugins \.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Gabriel, sounds like your Windows firewall is blocking the plugin port. Try allowing xPilot port through your firewall (or changing the plugin port in xPilot and in the xPilot settings in X-Plane) and try again

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 1 month later...
edberg borges 1196957
Posted
Posted

i have the same problem here .

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Have you checked to make sure your Windows firewall isn't blocking the plugin port (default is 45001)?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

edberg borges 1196957
Posted
Posted

yes, I added a firewall rule but it still didn't work.

edberg borges 1196957
Posted
Posted

Have you checked to make sure your Windows firewall isn't blocking the plugin port (default is 45001)?

thanks for the help. However, I dunno how but after cleaning the register erros with CCleaner, now is working! Happy 2020! Thanks again.