You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.1.6.0 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.6.0 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

• Fix issue that could prevent the transponder ident button from sending the ident status to the network
  • Add network connection status dataref (xpilot/login/status) integer, 0 = disconnected, 1 = connected
  • Add audio receive status dataref (xpilot/audio/rx) integer, 0 = no audio being received, 1 = audio being received
  • Play alert sound if forcibly disconnected from the network
  • Play alert sound if unintentionally disconnected from the voice server
  • Fix issue that could cause an unhandled exception if the ptt key/button is pressed prematurely through the binded X-Plane command before the voice server connection is started
  • Re-design Settings window
  • Reinstate aural notification for incoming radio messages. A new option has been added to the settings window to disable this. Note: You will still receive an aural notification for direct radio messages regardless of your settings
  • Changing the audio input and output device now takes effect immediately.
  • The "Disable realistic radio effects" now takes effect immediately
  • Add change log to the new update dialog
  • If X-Plane is still running when an update is downloaded, a notification message will appear prompting the end user to close X-Plane before installing the update
  • Don't connect to voice server in towerview mode
  • Set xpilot/ptt dataref value if the PTT set within the UI client is toggled

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Philipp Schatz
Posted
Posted

Thanx Justin for including the xpilot datarefs in the current version - really great!!

As I got approached by several linux users - are there any plans on compiling a linux compatible xpilot client? Thanks again!

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted

Hi,

After update I'm getting following error when starting xPilot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ft5UwLhC9HwuOKaHa8gnD4oHpr-TKmoj

Was not getting this in the previous version.

Kind regards,

Dave

Laptop: MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro i7-7700HQ 2.8 (3.54 turbo) Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM@1200Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10 Home (v 20H2).

XPv11: Orbx & OpenSceneryX Libraries, Ortho4XP, SimHeaven X-Europe, Orbx TE GB South, Swift.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You probably need to recheck your Windows Microphone Privacy Settings to ensure the app is still in there as permitted.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this tends to come up frequently after a new update is released, so possibly the update somehow knocks it off of the whitelisted app list for mic access...? That hasn't happened to me but I know I have my security settings dialed down pretty far on my flight sim computer.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted
You probably need to recheck your Windows Microphone Privacy Settings to ensure the app is still in there as permitted.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this tends to come up frequently after a new update is released, so possibly the update somehow knocks it off of the whitelisted app list for mic access...? That hasn't happened to me but I know I have my security settings dialed down pretty far on my flight sim computer.

Hi Robert,

Checked my privacy settings for microphone and Xpilot is still there in the list.

Kind regards,

Dave

Laptop: MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro i7-7700HQ 2.8 (3.54 turbo) Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM@1200Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10 Home (v 20H2).

XPv11: Orbx & OpenSceneryX Libraries, Ortho4XP, SimHeaven X-Europe, Orbx TE GB South, Swift.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,

Checked my privacy settings for microphone and Xpilot is still there in the list.

Kind regards,

The only time I've seen this error happen is if Windows is blocking microphone access to xPilot.

Have you installed any Windows updates or audio driver updates recently? Do you have any antivirus software running that could be blocking microphone access?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Thanx Justin for including the xpilot datarefs in the current version - really great!!

As I got approached by several linux users - are there any plans on compiling a linux compatible xpilot client? Thanks again!

I'll consider it when a proper cross-platform UI framework for .NET Core is available...

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,

Kind regards,

The only time I've seen this error happen is if Windows is blocking microphone access to xPilot.

Have you installed any Windows updates or audio driver updates recently? Do you have any antivirus software running that could be blocking microphone access?

Hi Robert,

Thursday with the previous version it was still working. There has been no Windows updates the last couple of days and the anti-virus software AVAST has not been changed either. Today when I fired up xPilot I got the automatic update and got the message I posted on the screen.

Kind regards,

Kind regards,

Dave

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,

Thursday with the previous version it was still working. There has been no Windows updates the last couple of days and the anti-virus software AVAST has not been changed either. Today when I fired up xPilot I got the automatic update and got the message I posted on the screen.

Kind regards,

Kind regards,

No changes were made to the audio code in the update.

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,

Kind regards,

Kind regards,

No changes were made to the audio code in the update.

Hi Justin,

Found the solution! It was not in the privacy settings. I clicked on the 'problems and solutions' button for the microphone in the Windows sound settings and it found something. After that I started xPilot and I got no more errors. It's strange because I know that I haven't changed anything in the Windows sound settings this whole week! Murphy must have been lurking around when the update was being installed.

Kind regards,

Dave

Philipp Schatz
Posted
Posted

I'll consider it when a proper cross-platform UI framework for .NET Core is available...

Have you tried/looked at Avalonia? It works really good! https://avaloniaui.net/

Cheers!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Have you tried/looked at Avalonia? It works really good! https://avaloniaui.net/

Cheers!

I looked into it a couple of years ago for another project, but it was pretty lacking back then. I'll have another look at it...