You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cant hear anything on VPilot

Joao Antonio 1434859

Joao Antonio 1434859
Posted
Posted

Good Afternoon,

So i've updated my vpilot to the latest one, but now I cant hear anything from atc to other pilots... i found that the RX TX dont turn blue when i try to speak or anyone speaks

I can only communicate via Text

Ive tried to reinstall v pilot but it didnt fix the problem, I run it as Administrator and I've checked the firewall...

Can anyone help me pls ?

Thanks !

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

Sort of the same problem here. However when I transmit everyone can hear me but I cannot hear them. Also I cannot receive ATIS on audio or text while on VATSIM. After logging off VATSIM I can then hear FSX's ATIS and receive it by text as usual in the banner on top of the screen.

I have the latest version of vPilot.

This happens with any airplane that I have.

A CTR controller tried to help me with 2 other pilots who had fixed their systems after the new CODEC, but everyone was at a loss. They tried helping me for over an hour in having me try countless things to do but nothing worked. The controller said that the new CODEC has a long ways to go in functionality regarding people like me who had no problems before the new CODEC but now do have problems. Was he right?

My audio settings in FSX and vPilot are no different than they were before the new CODEC.

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

I had this issue in the past and reinstalling the Simconnect clients did the trick (P3D 4.5 networked). Try doing this and perhaps it will sort out the issue.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

Since you have P3D and I have FSX, how would I reinstall Simconnect clients?

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

It's been a while since I used FSX but I believe the simconnect executables can be found in the SDK, if you haven't installed it do so and search for them.

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

I have the original DVD "normal" version of FSX and not the DVD Deluxe version installed. I thought that the SDK along with simconnect files only came with the FSX Deluxe version.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

You say you're running the original DVD "normal" version of FSX. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume you've upgraded to SP2, right? Either Acceleration or Service Pack 2 is required to run vPilot. I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming yes because you said you didn't change settings after AFV was introduced, but just wanted to check.

I just did a Google search on "Download Simconnect 10.0.61259.0" and found a couple of threads that may, or may not help. All I know is I strongly suggest you make a backup before tinkering. Other than that, maybe try either repairing or reinstalling FSX (again, backup first! (especially to restore your config file)).

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/423835-in-search-of-simconnect-v61612590/

http://www.fsp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers.com/?action=simconnect

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your post. You are right in that I am running FSX SP2. I do own the DVD Acceleration pack but I have not installed it since I bough this computer a couple years ago.

Before VATSIM began running the new CODEC on their servers, I think all members were notified that if vPilot was the client that users were running to connect to VATSIM, then the only thing that needed to be updated was vPilot.

If I read your post correctly, then my question now is: Since the only thing that has changed on my end is an updated version of vPilot, why would that affect any files in FSX, or require me to re-install files that are already installed?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Have you tried upgrading your installation to the Acceleration edition, just to see if it fixes the problem? There may be some more elegant solution and someone may know exactly why it may work with one version of SimConnect and not the other. But while you're waiting for that person to see this post and respond, it may be worth giving it a shot.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Thanks for your post. You are right in that I am running FSX SP2. I do own the DVD Acceleration pack but I have not installed it since I bough this computer a couple years ago.

Before VATSIM began running the new CODEC on their servers, I think all members were notified that if vPilot was the client that users were running to connect to VATSIM, then the only thing that needed to be updated was vPilot.

If I read your post correctly, then my question now is: Since the only thing that has changed on my end is an updated version of vPilot, why would that affect any files in FSX, or require me to re-install files that are already installed?

This issue doesn't have anything to do with SimConnect. If you didn't have the right version of SimConnect installed, you would get an error that indicated such, and you wouldn't be able to connect to the network at all.

I'm afraid I don't know why you would be able to be heard but not hear anyone. I'll defer to the AFV devs on that.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

Is there a way that I can contact the AFV developers?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This forum is the way.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
5A184795A34C787CCE61884650A8AC17B86DFF2A

Me.

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted
This forum is the way.

You say that it is not a Simconnect issue, and I see that your signature says that you are on the vPilot dev team. So could you please get someone at vPilot to look at my case?

Does vPilot generate a file or some kind of report as to how it is setup or functioning on my computer?

Thank you.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's an AFV issue, not a vPilot or a SimConnect issue. I realize it's kind of confusing ... AFV is built into vPilot, but AFV is not written by the vPilot dev team. (Which consists only of myself.)

So, this issue needs to be looked into by the AFV dev team, and this forum is the AFV support forum, so your thread is already in the right place.

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted
It's an AFV issue, not a vPilot or a SimConnect issue. I realize it's kind of confusing ... AFV is built into vPilot, but AFV is not written by the vPilot dev team. (Which consists only of myself.)

So, this issue needs to be looked into by the AFV dev team, and this forum is the AFV support forum, so your thread is already in the right place.

Okay. I will wait. Thank you.

Joao Antonio 1434859
Posted
Posted

Hello!

i've tried everything that was said in the answers, but i continue with the same problems !

Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Best regards,

Joao

• 1 month later...
Eddie Harper
Posted
Posted

i'M Also Having the same issues. I was just ONLINE at KMIA and APP could read me 5+5 but I couldnt hear him reply back.Any Help Appreciated

Eddie Harper
Posted
Posted

I did a Re-boot of my computer and now everything is working like it should

• 1 month later...
Maxime Jossa 1431696
Posted
Posted

I'm also having the exact same issues as mentioned in this thread. I am able to hear the ATIS, when tuned in to the ATIS frequency, but I am also unable to hear any sound.