You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No sound when trying to listen to atc

Jelle VanRoelen 1471058

Jelle VanRoelen 1471058
Posted
Posted

So I am a noobie on VATSIM (using Xsquawkbox) and I have red that I can listen to atc by connecting to the network, tune in on the controller's frequency at the airport I'm at. I also set up my voice input and output to COM 1 and 2. But when I connect to the controller's frequency (yes it was staffed) after I connected to VATSIM, I don't hear anything from atc or other pilots and there was a lot of traffic around.

I hope someone can help me because I really want to be able to hear atc and when I'm ready and understand the phraseology, to talk to atc.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

What version of XSquawkBox?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Jelle VanRoelen 1471058
Posted
Posted

I am cuurently using version 1.3.3

Tim Simpson
Posted
Posted

There is a "feature" in xPilot that may be the same for XSquawkBox, and might be worth investigating. I've found that you have to have a microphone and a an audio output device hooked up and selected to hear the new codec.

So for me, if I want to be receive only, and use my earbuds so's not to wake the family, I still have to plug in a standalone microphone for the audio to be heard.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
I am cuurently using version 1.3.3

1.3.3 no longer works with voice. you'll need either the 2.0 beta, or 1.3.3 to connect to the network with the separate AFV standalone app to connect to voice.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png