You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Just Joined

Ryan Hallenberger

Ryan Hallenberger
Posted
Posted

Yeah, Any Info I should know. I'm waiting for the release of MFS20 to get on but wanted to integrate myself here first.

-Ryan Hallenberger

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Congratulations. This might help https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/getting-started

nebojsa

• 1 month later...
Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Hi, I also just joined and have a quick question, is it OK while I am in the learning phase regarding VATSIM/X Pilot to fly anyway connected with X Pilot as an observer? I understood that the other planes will not see me so I probably can do this, correct?

I have also another question regarding the weather, I set up x plane with real weather but read something about VATSIM weather... is this the same or how should I set the weather in X Plane to get the right weather?

Thanks for your support!!

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATSIM!

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Thank you!! And please if I could have an answer especially on question 1

Before I am well trained I plan to fly connected on VATSIM/X Pilot as OBSERVER without using ATC at the beginning just as I would do it normally in X Plane.

This is ok no? I will not disturb the others since they will not see me , correct?

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

People will not see you albeit Supervisors and Administrators will know where you are at any given time.

If it helps you gain your confidence then I guess no harm done but we would hope you would want to join in with us after a short while.

Welcome to VATSIM!

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Marc, using "real-world" weather vs "VATSIM weather" *should* provide roughly the same result.

There's no specific requirement for using a certain weather simulation on VATSIM, although using something radically different than those around you can be disruptive to controllers.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Thanks both!!

Sure I will fly openly ASAP but want first to train myself correctly with the VATSIM rules and procedures.

I have another question

I am not using windowed screen but full screen and then I see no way to call the x pilot window (with the text messages etc...). When I click on plug in and settings it will not pop up or at least disappear again and in key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment there is only TOGGLE PTT (for speaking) as a selection. In set up I already selected "keep x pilot window visible"...

How can I call the x pilot window with FULL screen (NO windowded screen) when using X Plane 11.40...?

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATSIM!

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
I am not using windowed screen but full screen and then I see no way to call the x pilot window (with the text messages etc...). When I click on plug in and settings it will not pop up or at least disappear again and in key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment there is only TOGGLE PTT (for speaking) as a selection. In set up I already selected "keep x pilot window visible"...

How can I call the x pilot window with FULL screen (NO windowded screen) when using X Plane 11.40...?

I recommend you post this question as a new thread in the xPilot subforum. Do be sure you've peeked through the docomeentation first at http://xpilot.clowd.io/docs to be sure your answer's not already there.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I finally found it, it works great!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Another just joined question...

When you enter your departure time in X Pilot, do you use local time of the departing airport or always UTC... I saw that in most Vatsim maps the time is given in UTC... but what's about the input when you enter your time?

Thanks a lot!!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

UTC.

However, I don't think anyone normally looks at that, anyway.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png