You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Default substitutions

Maxwell Symons

Maxwell Symons
Posted
Posted

When I installed VPilot a little while ago I was in a bit of a rush, so hurried through the set-up where the default substitutions are defined.

Wanted to get flying, and thought - "I'll go back and correct them later", so set all the substitutions (e.g. jet airliner, multi-engine, single engine etc.) to my microlight.

Now of course (unless the aircraft is in my "Simobjects/Airplanes" folder I see everything as that microlight!

I can't see how to "go back and correct them"!

Is tyhere a method, or do I have to remove VPilot from my system and start al over again?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What do you mean by "all the substitutions (e.g. jet airliner, multi-engine, single engine etc.)"?

It sounds like you're talking about the default model, but there is only one default model, not a separate one for each of those aircraft types, so I'm confused by your question.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Maxwell Symons
Posted
Posted

Yes/sorry it is most probably myself who is confused. (Getting vPilot mixed up with my "multiplayer" application!) However almost still the same query - How do I change that default model? (I'd prefer it to be a Cessna 172 rather than the microlight I set up in my hurry to get flying!)

I think I've found how to adjust it manually by editing the "vPilotConfig.xml" file by using Notepad, but knowing my ability to mess things up I'd like/prefer to do it via the program's interface!