You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No Aircraft Sound Help!

Joshua McCreary

Joshua McCreary
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I just recently installed xSquawkBox 1.3 for X-plane 11, and can setup the mic (Powerbeats 3), but I'm completely unable to hear any aircraft sounds! What am I doing wrong on this setup? Thanks.

Josh

Joshua McCreary
Posted
Posted

Let me be a little more clear to see if anyone knows what is going on. I'm using a set of PowerBeats 3 earphones (Bluetooth). If I am not connected to VatSim, I can hear all aircraft sounds just fine. If I connect to VatSim via XSquawkBox, I immediately have muted aircraft sounds, but it almost sounds like they are just shy from being muted (can barely hear them, like a quiet whisper some distance away). If I disconnect, they immediately come back. Is there a hidden setting for the severe reduction in aircraft noises?

Josh

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Do not use bluetooth headsets with XSB.

There's considerable compatibility issues with mixing stereo playback with audio capture with bluetooth devices due to limitations in A2DP and the handset profiles. For this reason they're not supported, nor will they ever be.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Joshua McCreary
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the answer to that. I have another set of earphones that are wired and I'll see if they work.

Josh