You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATIS without connecting on VATSIM

GUILLAUME LEMENTEC

GUILLAUME LEMENTEC
Posted
Posted

Hello

I am looking for a web site or iPad App to be able to know the ATIS on the Airport before I log on the network: it is easier to prepare the flight with simbrief.

Unfortunaly I didn't find any ! not in internet (vatspy for exemple) and not in an iPad : I try severals apps (vatnet,etc) or internet webpage and there is no atis or it is empty. Is it because some atis are voice only ?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

No, it's because the interface between VATSIM ATIS and the server that publishes data to apps like VAT-Spy tends to crash a lot.

My process is generally to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]emble the route I want via tools like FlightAware and SimBrief, but then connect to the network and modify it as needed based on active runways. Often times, you actually won't know for certain what approach and runway [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment you're getting at your destination until you are starting your descent there! So, while preparation is great, the ability to adapt your plan to changing circomestances is a valuable skill to practice.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Guillaume,

normally this is possible, but currently the VATSIM Data Feed is broken and is missing the ATIS-information, that's very unfortunate.

In the meantime you'll have to either guess the runway in use through METAR and TAF or logon to VATSIM and then request the Text-ATIS of the desired airport, if available. A third solution would be to check the flightplans of current flights out of and into the airport-pair that you are going to use, our radar programs normally (but not always) modify the flightplan routes and insert this information.

By the way, during your planning phase you only plan what you think will happen. For deviations from these plans your required fuel contains the so called "Contingency Fuel" that normally amounts 3% to 5% of your trip fuel. Don't worry, you'll always have enough fuel on board even if y

Alex Amorianos
Posted
Posted

You can also check flightradar24.com.

Alex

Alex Amorianos
Posted
Posted

I know but he can check it as a reference.

Alex