You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Does Proxy work?

Sean McCormack

Sean McCormack
Posted
Posted

Hi Team,

I'm trying proxy in xPilot for the first time (previously using Swift which worked fine) to connect Xplane to Eurosope for tower view.

I've used the command .towerview 127.0.0.1 TOWER and it says 'connected to the network in observer mode' Yet I see no aircraft?

If I navigate to C:\Users\DJSean00\AppData\Local\xPilot\PluginLogs and grab the latest plugin log, I can see it finding aircraft

[12:57:36.051] >> {"message":"X-Plane connection established."}

[12:59:57.608] >> {"params":{},"action":"NetworkConnected"}

[13:00:02.801] >> {"params":{"lat":-37.98743,"lon":145.02085,"heading":78.0,"altitude":2316.0,"bank":0.0,"pitch":0.0,"transponder_code":1200,"transponder_modec":true,"transponder_ident":false},"command":"PositionUpdate","callsign":"7600"}

[13:00:03.750] >> {"params":{"lat":-37.73905,"lon":144.84824,"heading":192.0,"altitude":3113.0,"bank":26.0,"pitch":7.0,"transponder_code":3134,"transponder_modec":true,"transponder_ident":false},"command":"PositionUpdate","callsign":"QFA1050"}

[13:00:03.805] >> {"params":{"lat":-37.66692,"lon":144.84999,"heading":261.0,"altitude":411.0,"bank":0.0,"pitch":-1.0,"transponder_code":3125,"transponder_modec":false,"transponder_ident":false},"command":"PositionUpdate","callsign":"QFA871"}

[13:00:05.174] >> {"params":{"lat":-38.02731,"lon":144.46985,"heading":275.0,"altitude":49.0,"bank":0.0,"pitch":0.0,"transponder_code":3075,"transponder_modec":true,"transponder_ident":false},"command":"PositionUpdate","callsign":"JST604"}

I have xpilot plugin install and if I disconnect Euroscope and connect to the network normally through xPilot I see planes, just something with Proxy doesn't work for me.

Euroscope is on the same PC as Xplane.

Cheers in advance

DJ

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Which version of Euroscope are you using? In the snippet of the logs you posted, Euroscope isn't sending the plane information packet (which contains the aircraft's type code), though I would need to see the full log file to be certain.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Sean McCormack
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply, I use 3.1d due to compatibility issues with other things. I take your point about Euroscope not sending plane info but it works with Swift? so I'm not sure what it could be.

Network Log - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahs-5FDJ5h5qgoEcVucu_BKQd7nsRg?e=Zq5OQx

Plugin Log - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahs-5FDJ5h5qgoEbUr8pg_C_vUZVfA?e=rG7OHN

Very appreciative for any advice you could give,

Thanks

Sean

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

• 2 weeks later...
Sean McCormack
Posted
Posted

Know you're probably a bit busy Justin but having now tested this with other users, I can confirm something seems to be up.

• 2 weeks later...
Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

You will need to upgrade to 3.2.1.12 (or later) to use the towerview functionality.

2016-08-07 build version 3.2.1.12 (3.2a(r12))

Full support of vPilot ACCONFIG packets, and support vPilot to connect Tower view FSD server as controller observer.

The version you are using is not sending the aircraft information packets to xPilot. These packets tell xPilot what aircraft type the pilot is using so it knows what CSL model to use.

I haven't tested the functionality with ES since the feature was primarily designed to work with the vSTARS proxy. I cannot guarantee that it's compatible with ES.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 2 years later...
Wsassg mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

It sounds like you've already taken the proper steps in setting up the connection, and the plugin log shows that it is finding aircraft, which is a good sign. One thing you can try is to double-check that the port number you are using is the same on both xPilot and Euroscope. You can do this in the settings or network tab of both programs. For example, I am using the proxies from https://shiftproxy.io, and I don't have any problems. It's also possible that the firewall is blocking the connection, so you can try disabling the firewall on your computer or adding the two programs as exceptions.

Edited by Wsassg mimi

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Wsassg mimi said:

It sounds like you've already taken the proper steps in setting up the connection, and the plugin log shows that it is finding aircraft, which is a good sign. One thing you can try is to double-check that the port number you are using is the same on both xPilot and Euroscope. You can do this in the settings or network tab of both programs. For example, I am using the proxies from https://shiftproxy.io, and I don't have any problems. It's also possible that the firewall is blocking the connection, so you can try disabling the firewall on your computer or adding the two programs as exceptions.

Not sure if you noticed, but that thread was almost 3 years ago.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC