You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnected from Voice Server

Ben O'Leary 1352331

Ben O'Leary 1352331
Posted
Posted

Topic was raised locally about vpilot disconnecting pilots during flight. I thought it was just me until numerous others also reported the same issue. It appears that during flight vpilot will disconnect from the voice server (or so it states). We decided it would be best to post this issue on this forum to see if others are having this issue and to report as it is occurring frequently?. Its not just the SY-1 server that this is occurring on.

Have posted a picture of the issue from another member who reported it. It doesn't occur all the time however it is quite frequently. TO correct the issue we have to disconnect from the network then reconnect.

https://ibb.co/4mNr6Md

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Smarter folks may need to confirm/deny, but I'm pretty sure this is an AFV concern, not a vPilot concern.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Not smart, but can confirm

Me.

Ben O'Leary 1352331
Posted
Posted

so were does it go from here?

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted
Not smart, but can confirm

That was good!!

1.jpg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I've heard that the AFV team is testing an update that will detect drops and automatically reconnect. Once it's deemed working I imagine it will be a little more time for each of the Pilot Client developers to incorporate the new AFV code into their software. There's no ETA that I'm aware of, but, it seems like progress.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ben O'Leary 1352331
Posted
Posted

I've heard that the AFV team is testing an update that will detect drops and automatically reconnect. Once it's deemed working I imagine it will be a little more time for each of the Pilot Client developers to incorporate the new AFV code into their software. There's no ETA that I'm aware of, but, it seems like progress.

Thank you.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Ben O'Leary 1352331
Posted
Posted

Been okay for last few days (long haul flights). Got one from CYYZ - PHNL today as per pic below fyi. Mate I was flying with got one from KSFO-CYYZ yesterday.

https://ibb.co/LPGn5jF

Dan Pergau 810379
Posted
Posted

I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one that has this problem. It is not unusual for me to be disconnected several times during a flight, even a short one. In fact I was disconnected 2x already this morning just 5 minutes after connecting. I've tried a few different servers but usually stick to Canada.

For now I just keep reconnecting manually which I'm sure is annoying for the controllers, especially during a FNO.

This has been happening to me since day 1 with AFV. I love the quality improvement but the connectivity challenges have been frustrating.

Thanks,

Dan

CXA393

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
I've tried a few different servers but usually stick to Canada.

Regardless of which network server you connect to, there's only one voice server for everyone. So if your connection to the network as a whole is still on and it's only the voice server you're having issues with, changing network servers won't really help you any.

Just FYI to save you a little work until this gets sorted... :-/

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Dan Pergau 810379
Posted
Posted

Good point! Thanks

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
Dan Pergau 810379
Posted
Posted

Any update on this? My voice connection issues continue. Do I have too slow a network connection to accommodate AFV? I've been logged in for 15 minutes and have been disconnected 3 times.

Dan

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

All,

Thanks to Justin the xPilot devs efforts in adding auto reconnect and some work by Mark and the AFV dev team we have a test version of the standalone client that solves this issue.

We are testing this with our Testing team, before asking client devs to implement the change in vPilot, Swift, XSB etc...

Moving forward but no firm date yet.

Thanks

Gary

AFV Team

Dan Pergau 810379
Posted
Posted

That's great news! If you need another guinea pig please let me know.

dpergau (at) gmail.com

Dan

Michael Richter 1478038
Posted
Posted

I just joined VATSIM and in a gap of exact 10 second I get disconnect from the voice server. I´ve tested it in two different computers and they both show the same problem, making me think my internet could be causing this. I have a band of 150Mb´s. I would be glad if someone could help me.

Stephan Buchmann
Posted
Posted

I have the same. 45-90 seconds between disconnections.

Lan, switch, Vodafone cable DSL 50/4 Mbps, Xpilot, X-Plane, German server.

Michael Richter 1478038
Posted
Posted
Hello Michael,

in what client/app are you experiencing this? Euroscope+AFV client? vPilot? xPilot? swift? xSqawkbox?

Hello, I use the Vpilot

Michael Richter 1478038
Posted
Posted
Ok, is there a router that may be interfering?

And I understand that you are using the latest version of vPilot with the in-built AFV.

Yes I am. In a second thought I was reading the required softwares and it says I need "Standalone audio" and I haven´t find it anywhere. Sorry for the ignorance but do I need to download this? And if yes where can I find it?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Nope, you do NOT need the standalone if you're using vPilot's latest version

All info is at audio.vatsim.net

Me.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

In other words: if you are using the latest version of vPilot, you do NOT need anything else. Delete the AFV program if you do not need it to provide ATC-services.

Just to be clear: you are using vPilot without the AFV standalone program and it does not work properly, the voice?

Michael Richter 1478038
Posted
Posted
In other words: if you are using the latest version of vPilot, you do NOT need anything else. Delete the AFV program if you do not need it to provide ATC-services.

Just to be clear: you are using vPilot without the AFV standalone program and it does not work properly, the voice?

Yes, exactly, latest version of Vpilot without anything else

Michael Richter 1478038
Posted
Posted

Yes, exactly, latest version of Vpilot without anything else

Always diconnected in a gap of 10 seconds