You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.1.8.0 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.8.0 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

• Added a "Who's Online" window that is accessible within X-Plane. The window can be opened either through the xPilot plugin menu or by [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning a keyboard/joystick shortcut using X-Plane Keyboard Shortcuts. You can quickly tune your COM1 active frequency by double clicking on a controller in the list. You can also right click on the controller line and request the text ATIS/controller info.
  • Removed PTT configuration from the xPilot client. You must now set your PTT within X-Plane using X-Plane keyboard shortcuts.
  • Removed "Toggle xPilot Visibility" from the xPilot client. You may now set a key to bring xPilot forward using X-Plane keyboard shortcuts.
  • Changing the plugin port number now requires xPilot and X-Plane to be restarted. This is to prevent weird anomalies that occured when changing the port number on demand.

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Sascha Kesting 1467821
Posted
Posted

Hallo, I want to report an important Bug with the new version 1.1.8.0.

Pilots are only able to hear ATC-Voice. The "push to talk button" doesnt work anymore and you are not able to make a new configuration for the "Push to talk button". The settings are missing in the new version.

Can you please check this? Is there a new possibility to make a new configuration for the "push to talk" button?

Thank you for your support! Have a nice Sunday!

Best regards

Sascha

Sascha Kesting 1467821
Posted
Posted

Sorry for this post! Now I readed your post in red colour.

Daniel Dezulier
Posted
Posted

Hello, checking FPS is boring as even if FPS is > 22 the disconnection happens !

Be aware that numerous cycles of connection and disconnection may affect VATSIM database connection too !

Simmers using detailed scenery are bored enough by FPS impact to avoid being bored by any software adding already known information (we have options to tell us what are current FPS).

So this functionality helps less than expected.

If we can have a version without FPS checking, or in which FPS checking is optional (checkbox), it will be really appreciated !

Best regards

Daniel

Marcel Lewczuk 1410818
Posted
Posted

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Hello, checking FPS is boring as even if FPS is > 22 the disconnection happens !

Be aware that numerous cycles of connection and disconnection may affect VATSIM database connection too !

Simmers using detailed scenery are bored enough by FPS impact to avoid being bored by any software adding already known information (we have options to tell us what are current FPS).

If we can have a version without FPS checking, or in which FPS checking is optional (checkbox), it will be really appreciated !

Best regards

Daniel

No, there will not be a version without the FPS check. If you’re repeatedly getting disconnected, then your sim is grossly misconfigured.

Marcel Lewczuk 1410818
Posted
Posted

my fps droped below 20 fps for about 2 s no 30 s

Amir Golmohammadi
Posted
Posted

Can you please turn off the auto disconnect FPS drop feature or make it optional ?. It’s so annoying . My sim FPS drops to about 20 when p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing clouds in xenviro for about 20-30 seconds and that’s normal however disconnecting from network in a same timing as you talking with ATC is not normal !

Amir Golmohammadi
Iran vACC Deputy Director
##  [email protected]  
##  https://www.vatir.ir
Instagram
##    

vatir logo

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

It’s a graceful disconnect. If you’re disconnected, it’s because your flight model rendering has been running at half speed for more than 30 seconds of simulator time (either consecutively or non-consecutively). If after 60 seconds of real time rendering, the 30 second bucket is automatically reset.

Please read this message from Laminar regarding flight model rendering: https://www.x-plane.com/kb/the-simulators-measurement-of-time-is-slow/

Amir Golmohammadi
Posted
Posted

Best regards

Daniel

100 percent agree with Daniel

Amir Golmohammadi
##  [email protected]  
Instagram
##    

vatir logo

Amir Golmohammadi
Posted
Posted

It’s a graceful disconnect. If you’re disconnected, it’s because your flight model rendering has been running at half speed for more than 30 seconds of simulator time (either consecutively or non-consecutively). If after 60 seconds of real time rendering, the 30 second bucket is automatically reset.

Please read this message from Laminar regarding flight model rendering: https://www.x-plane.com/kb/the-simulators-measurement-of-time-is-slow/

Yea but it does not impact controllers traffics for 20-30 seconds . It does much more impact when reconnect back to the network. The whole Leminar point is when you have low FPS in the entire of flight not only for plenty of seconds.

Amir Golmohammadi
##  [email protected]  
Instagram
##    

vatir logo

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

i cant talk now in x pilot can some help me?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Yea but it does not impact controllers traffics for 20-30 seconds . It does much more impact when reconnect back to the network. The whole Leminar point is when you have low FPS in the entire of flight not only for plenty of seconds.

I mentioned the article from Laminar as evidence to the half-rate flight model rendering. It does not have to occur the entire flight; it can happen for a few seconds as well.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Did you read the release notes above? Specifically the red highlighted text...?

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

yes but the not help!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
yes but the not help!

Please start a new forum thread with your issue.

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Justin,

XPilot is not recognizing the X-Plane PTT defined key. In my case I use "\" but it doesn't recognize any other choose...Are there any advantages in transferring this to the sim? Do you want me to start a new thread about this?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Edited by Guest

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

No one to help

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

No one to help

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Hip Justin,

XPilot is not recognizing the X-Plane PTT defined key. In my case I use "\" but it doesn't recognize any other choose...Are there any advantages in transferring this to the sim?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

It was moved into X-Plane to support those who use VR headsets. You will need to choose a key that X-Plane supports. You can also map your PTT to a joystick button.

Amir Golmohammadi
Posted
Posted

I mentioned the article from Laminar as evidence to the half-rate flight model rendering. It does not have to occur the entire flight; it can happen for a few seconds as well.

Please think about it for the next update! This is simming mate and we all don’t have powerful machine to give us stable FPS all the time .

Btw thank you for the Who’s online feature as pop up . It’s useful .

Amir Golmohammadi
##  [email protected]  
Instagram
##    

vatir logo

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
No one to help

Stop spamming this thread. I asked for you to create a new support topic for your problem as to not clutter up this thread.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Please think about it for the next update! This is simming mate and we all don’t have powerful machine to give us stable FPS all the time .

Btw thank you for the Who’s online feature as pop up . It’s useful .

There’s nothing for me to think about. If you’re getting disconnected, then you need to turn your rendering options down and/or install a frame rate stabilizer script.

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

is not help here...

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

Did you read the release notes above? Specifically the red highlighted text...?

yes but how can u talk there?