You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

how can i talk in the new update to x pilot?

Petter Storvik

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

i cant talk longer after new version come, is nott button and i not understand how i fix it.

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

It, tell me nothing does not understand what you mean or something! Explain better with pictures.

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

Don't understand why you had to make it so complicated when everything seemed very good earlier.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

There is nothing difficult about binding your PTT inside X-Plane.

To map a keyboard key as your PTT, open the X-Plane Settings Window, and find the "Keyboard" tab. Once you're on the tab, scroll down and find xpilot and map the "xPilot: Toggle PTT" to a keyboard key (click the "+" icon and press a keyboard key). If the mapping was successful, the keyboard key will show in the box. If the box remains empty, then the key you chose is not a valid key to use.

E1kUjFx.png

If you prefer to use a joystick button, go to the "Joystick" tab and edit the specific button you want to use as your PTT and select "xPilot: Toggle PTT".

iohwf7Y.png

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

okay i shall try thank you so long!

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

ahh im sorry the work now thank you so mutch! have nice evning! Best regards

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted

To map a keyboard key as your PTT, open the X-Plane Settings Window, and find the "Keyboard" tab. Once you're on the tab, scroll down and find xpilot and map the "xPilot: Toggle PTT" to a keyboard key (click the "+" icon and press a keyboard key). If the mapping was successful, the keyboard key will show in the box. If the box remains empty, then the key you chose is not a valid key to use.

E1kUjFx.png

If you prefer to use a joystick button, go to the "Joystick" tab and edit the specific button you want to use as your PTT and select "xPilot: Toggle PTT".

iohwf7Y.png

All XP11 accepted keys and Joystick PTT mapped key aren't doing anything...Do you reckon it requires an XP11 restart?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

All XP11 accepted keys and Joystick PTT mapped key aren't doing anything...Do you reckon it requires an XP11 restart?

You can definitely try if you haven't done so already.

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted

You can definitely try if you haven't done so already.

It's not working on my end unfortunately...Doesn't matter which keys (Keyboard/Joystick) i select, Xpilot isn't recognizing it...

Hopefully someone who's been able to successfully map it and get it to work can provide some feedback.

Cheers

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted

Justin,

There's definitely something wrong with the PTT button, because the other 2 options of the Xpilot tab work fine...All 3 have been successfully [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned except the one PTT doesn't work

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Justin,

There's definitely something wrong with the PTT button, because the other 2 options of the Xpilot tab work fine...All 3 have been successfully [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned except the one PTT doesn't work

Something is definitely funky on your end, because both the keyboard and joystick PTT bindings work fine for me. What key and/or joystick button do you have set for your PTT? Can you post a screenshot of your X-Plane settings?

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted

https://ibb.co/Nr4Y4Qy

Keyboard [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
https://ibb.co/Nr4Y4Qy

Keyboard [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment

In xPilot, is the TX and RX indicators for COM1 white or greyed out?

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Does using the .com1 or .com2 dot command change the respective frequency in your aircraft? For example, .com1 122.8

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted
Does using the .com1 or .com2 dot command change the respective frequency in your aircraft? For example, .com1 122.8

Sure does

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Do you have a DataRef tool installed? If not, I suggest this one: https://github.com/leecbaker/datareftool

Using this tool, you can see if pressing your PTT key is actually doing anything. Here's what the tool looks like for me when I press my PTT key (notice the yellow highlighted xpilot/ptt command).

0HysJz5.png

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted

https://www.imageupload.net/image/screenshot-3.G5NWS

It recognizes my PTT [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned key but then it seems Xpilot doesn't

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Does X-Plane have focus (i.e. the active window) when you're pressing the PTT? Or are working in another program when trying to press your PTT?

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

Just a quick one in relation to this - I normally mute my X-Plane when flying. is voice now being transmitted through the plugin or client still?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Just a quick one in relation to this - I normally mute my X-Plane when flying. is voice now being transmitted through the plugin or client still?

Voice is through the client.

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted
Does X-Plane have focus (i.e. the active window) when you're pressing the PTT? Or are working in another program when trying to press your PTT?

Hard to say...I know I'm not transmitting with Xpilot window active and I'm not heard on voice comms with XP11 active

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hard to say...I know I'm not transmitting with Xpilot window active and I'm not heard on voice comms with XP11 active

I’m going to bring back the PTT configuration in the next release... should be within the next couple of days.

Carlos Francisco
Posted
Posted

I’m going to bring back the PTT configuration in the next release... should be within the next couple of days.

Greatly appreciated Justin,

Cheers