You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Simulation speed bug

Tom Knudsen

Tom Knudsen
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi

Had this happen to me in the latest version. While FPS never have been an issue, I still after upgrading get these messages all the time. I fly with no less than 40 fps and still I get the notification and the disconnect. Very very annoying.

2020-01-05-174257.jpg

Edited by Guest

Controller 1 - VATSIM Scandinavia 

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula - Intel i9-9900K - Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080TI - G-Skill 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz - 1x 1TBSSD, 2x 1TM2, 12TBSATA

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

You will only see this if your frame rate period increases beyond 0.05 (i.e. it takes X-Plane 50+ milliseconds to process a single frame). When this happens, X-Plane begins running the flight model at half-speed to compensate.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Dimitris Tzikas 824771
Posted
Posted

Please restore version xPilot-Setup-1.1.7.0 or disable message for auto disconnect plugin or check frame rate <= 12 Fps my simulator was unflyable with this client in VATSIM..

THNKS

Tzikas Dimitris

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Please restore version xPilot-Setup-1.1.7.0 or disable message for auto disconnect plugin or check frame rate <= 12 Fps my simulator was unflyable with this client in VATSIM..

THNKS

Tzikas Dimitris

If your simulator is "unflyable", then you need to tweak your rendering options.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Dimitris Tzikas 824771
Posted
Posted

Ihave not any problem with previous versions sir.. i fly usaly 20 -30 fps without any problem ..

Tom Knudsen
Posted
Posted

This function is a piece of [Mod - lovely stuff], that is my first initial though. My second thought was hey this must be a joke. Then my third thought was hold on, let's see if they can fix it.

How do I revert back to previous version?

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula - Intel i9-9900K - Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080TI - G-Skill 64GB DDR4 3600Mhz - 1x 1TBSSD, 2x 1TM2, 12TBSATA

Tom Knudsen
Posted
Posted

THNKS

Tzikas Dimitris

If your simulator is "unflyable", then you need to tweak your rendering options.

Yea, don't think that is very likely

2019-11-26-224444.jpg

Specs

Intel Core i9-9900K @5.00GHz

64,0GB Dual-Channel @3200MHz GSkill Trident Z

ASUS MAXIMUS XI FORUMULA

ASUS NVIDIA RTX 2080TI

Subscriber line: D300Mbit/U300Mbit

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted
Yea, don't think that is very likely.

120 FPS staring at open water without a complex add on aircraft in the frame isn’t a valid test case.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

120 FPS staring at open water without a complex add on aircraft in the frame isn’t a valid test case.

I think that if he is getting 120FPS anywhere in X-Plane he won't be getting under 20 at any point

Tom Knudsen
Posted
Posted

I think that if he is getting 120FPS anywhere in X-Plane he won't be getting under 20 at any point

So true!!

Autoget makes hardly a difference

kKnFMKJ

But that's the point, over most populated areas with a complex airplane and i.e. XEurope I still get over 40 fps in bad stormy weather with Active Sky running. At normal I run between 70 and 90 with no issue at all. Never ever have I been under 30 so this new version of this client is just wrong.

But problem solved. Uninstalled 1.8.0 and installed 1.7.0 and there is no more issue. Never have issues flying and I am back to loving this new excellent client. A client that will not restrict me or disconnect me in any shape or form.

Point being, VATSIM is something you should enjoy, and having a client so slick as X-Pilot helping you, now that is just perfect. Let's hope the developers don't ruin that experience.

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted
So true!!

Autoget makes hardly a difference

kKnFMKJ

But that's the point, over most populated areas with a complex airplane and i.e. XEurope I still get over 40 fps in bad stormy weather with Active Sky running. At normal I run between 70 and 90 with no issue at all. Never ever have I been under 30 so this new version of this client is just wrong.

But problem solved. Uninstalled 1.8.0 and installed 1.7.0 and there is no more issue. Never have issues flying and I am back to loving this new excellent client. A client that will not restrict me or disconnect me in any shape or form.

Point being, VATSIM is something you should enjoy, and having a client so slick as X-Pilot helping you, now that is just perfect. Let's hope the developers don't ruin that experience.

It may work for now, but eventually versions prior to 1.1.8.0 will be prevented from connecting to the network.

The process isn't perfect, but like it or not this change is here to stay. I know Justin is working tirelessly to eliminate some of the false positive detection from the disconnect code, but the simple reality is that slow simulation rate will no longer be tolerated on VATSIM.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Tom Knudsen
Posted
Posted

Let us hope they fix this huge annoying thing. I would understand that frames below 20 (I would say 15) is bad for the ATC immersion, but one should not be disconnected when you have 40-50 plus. Question is what is realistic? A tag that don't show correct speeds or tags that disappear from the ATC client without any reason other than a bad program, especially when you have aircraft sequenced. In light of the increased spammers that ruin immersion totally, I would think VATSIM wouldn't need more issues. But in worst case there are always other networks to join and use.

Justin Reed
Posted
Posted

I'm having the same problem Tom. Perfectly stable sim, solid framerates - now I get disconnects, and the PTT [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments don't work (yes VATSIM, I've read the update notes and installed it correctly).

I love the new voice codec, and up to this point, xpilot has been the best client I've used on any simulator, but you've just killed it. Surely the abusive spammers should be dealt with as a priority, rather than creating clients that cause a FPS drop due to the checks being run, and then disconnect you because you're well above 20FPS.

Looks like my 13 years of flying on VATSIM has come to an end.

Justin Reed

EGTE

CAT6SIG.jpg

Greg Barber
Posted
Posted
and the PTT [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments don't work

I heard someone say that X-Plane must be the window in focus for the PTT to work which is an undocomeented change I suspect.

Greg Barber

VATPAC3 - Director ATC Training & Standards

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted