You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't fly anymore :(

Ethan Middleton 1420982

Ethan Middleton 1420982
Posted
Posted

Hello. I just updated my xPilot client to version 1.1.8.0 from 1.1.7.0. I read the changelog and saw the new disconnect from network if sim runs at 20 fps for an extended period of time; I ignored it and went through with the update. I am on the lowest settings possible and I can only get an average of about 21 fps with my favorite plane.

I would like to downgrade to version 1.1.7.0, however I have found no archives of different versions anywhere.

Thanks

Ethan

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Ethan,

Unfortunately even if you had a previous version it wouldnt be able to connect.

The way that Xplane slows its sim rate down when frames gets low is great whilst flying single player but sadly causes huge issues in a multiplayer scenario, hence this requirement.

I know this isn’t the news you would like to hear but hope you are able to find a suitable work around to enjoy your favourite plane online soon.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ethan Middleton 1420982
Posted
Posted

Yeah I think I am starting to accept the fact that I am gonna have to upgrade my PC if I want to continue this flight simulation hobby. Money is pretty tight though. Thank you for responding :3

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I don't use XPlane, so maybe this isn't the smartest question out there, but... Why not try one of the plugins that has been recommended to solve the problem?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations