You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Issues with Framerate Disconnects

Tristan Garratt

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin, in the latest update of XPilot, the disconnect message is being triggered at about 25 FPS, and it won't become "Healthy" until about 30FPS. The issue with this is generally my sim sits at 25 FPS.

Thanks, Tristan.

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

Below is an example of both the warning and a disconnect above 20FPS

https://imgur.com/a/Is6Lsyj

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Peter Walbroehl
Posted
Posted

same here

a3g Peter

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

Also to add, it disconnects me even when sitting on 20 FPS, and not going above or below.

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

Daniel Dezulier
Posted
Posted
Hi Justin, in the latest update of XPilot, the disconnect message is being triggered at about 25 FPS, and it won't become "Healthy" until about 30FPS. The issue with this is generally my sim sits at 25 FPS.

Thanks, Tristan.

To verify you can use the script I wrote which shows permanently FPS and FPS drop periods.

When using just X-Plane FPS displays on the top left, retinal remanence don't allow to see short drops.

@Justin, my suggestion is to check by FPS steps, <10FP <15FPS ; <20FPS and check it with 15 to 20 volunteers with lowered power computer. Test it on a demanding scenery.

Observe fluidity with other pilots and controllers, and vote for the best admissible compromise.

Then redo on another scenery. Real time testing workshop on agile mode will rapidly solve the problem.

Tristan Garratt
Posted
Posted

How can I use your script?

Link?

Tristan Garratt

VATPAC C1

• 2 weeks later...