You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC is now all Garbled with Latency

Eddie Harper

Eddie Harper
Posted
Posted

Since i updated Vpilot to the new Codec standard I cant Hear ATC well enough to respond to their Suggestions or can they hear me. I thought this was supposed to be BETTER? I've worked with controllers trying to regulate mic volume and output to no avail. Any Help Appreciated. I dont want to have to go back to flying Offline Thanks Eddie

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

You seem to be the only one having an issue like this...or, at least, it's the first I've heard of it. Everyone I talk to on frequency is crystal clear. Hopefully we can figure out what's not working and fix it.

Is the issue that ATC is hearing you garbled, you're hearing them garbled, or both?

Can you give us an idea of your internet capability and speed?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Eddie Harper
Posted
Posted

Hi Evan, Thanks for the Reply. The last time I flew on Vatsim , a few days ago, the controller said I was Unreadable and I could only hear a word now and then from him which was recoginizable but not enough for me to be able to reply to his instructions. My internet speed is , mbps Download 112.0, mbps Upload 129.8 with a Latency of 21 ms. The Vpilot Settings are Output Volume +5, Mic Volume -2. I never had any issues with the Old System and cant seem to figure out all the problems coming from the New System. Thanks Eddie

Eddie Harper
Posted
Posted

I was just Online at KMIA and APP could read me 5+5 but I couldnt Hear him. Any Suggestions on this Issue? Thanks Eddie