You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

fps20 problem

Petter Storvik

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

the x pilot disconnect befor at fps 20 said is for low. how i fix it

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

can some help me plase?

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Lower your rendering settings

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

i dont understand you!

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted
Lower your rendering settings

Thank you will they fix this problem?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Please do NOT open multiple threads to discuss the same topic. You have opened at least 2 other threads already. If you do not understand sufficient English, please use Google Translator.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

I have not read many complaints from ATC guys who I appreciate are effected by aircraft stopping in the air etc but I have read numerous complaints from pilots. I have also read that the authors (whether the "fault" is xPlane or xPilot or both??) are not going to do anything about it any time soon if at all nor are they going to remove the process? When the majority of complainant pilots far outweigh the very small number ATC guys complaining surely the limitation should be removed!! Of course if the ATC guys do not want many aircraft flying then the point is moot.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I have not read many complaints from ATC guys who I appreciate are effected by aircraft stopping in the air etc but I have read numerous complaints from pilots. I have also read that the authors (whether the "fault" is xPlane or xPilot or both??) are not going to do anything about it any time soon if at all nor are they going to remove the process? When the majority of complainant pilots far outweigh the very small number ATC guys complaining surely the limitation should be removed!! Of course if the ATC guys do not want many aircraft flying then the point is moot.

So just because you personally "have not read many complaints from ATC" you think you have the whole picture and can make the claim that the complaining pilots outweigh the complaining controllers? (We can set aside the fact that that's not even close to an apples-to-apples comparison.) Please take a moment to consider the fact that controllers have been complaining about this issue for many years, and then see if you still think your claim holds true.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

Totally agree with you Ross!!!! Bad that you guys don't do anything about the problem. X pilot was very good but is broken now..

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Petter --

In X-Plane, when you're below 20fps, you're not flying at 100% sim rate. This is built into X-Plane's algorithms for calculating their flight dynamics model and there's no way to change it. Read more here: https://developer.x-plane.com/2017/10/x-plane-11-10-beta-5-ding-dong-the-fps-nag-is-gone-mostly/ -- while the situation isn't wonderful for those of us operating on tight budgets, that's our own problem, not everyone else's. X-Plane simply wasn't designed to be run at low FPS, particularly on a multiplayer network.

This is extremely disruptive to other pilots, and particularly to Air Traffic Controllers, on the network. Pretty soon, ALL approved X-Plane clients will enforce this. XSquawkbox 2.0+ and xPilot 1.1.9+ already do, and Swift is soon to follow suit.

Your options are:

(1) upgrade hardware. Obviously, this isn't possible for everyone.

(2) reduce X-Plane rendering settings. This may include use of LUA scripts which automatically and dynamically adjust rendering settings based on the situation. Google "3jFPS Wizard", "AutoLOD", and others.

(3) fly using less CPU-intense software. XP10 may be an option. FSX should be (a) relatively inexpensive to procure, (b) very easy on CPU when compared to X-Plane, and © able to run at low FPS without messing with sim rate.

Honorable mention:

(4) wait for X-Plane 11.5+, which will switch from OpenGL to Vulkan as a 3D graphics engine, and purportedly will be less CPU-intensive on most machines.

(5) some combination of the above.

If you feel that the software is booting you from the network unjustly, meaning, when your framerate is at or above 20, then I would recommend you try to collect some screenshots or video of the issue, as that will be the best way to help the developers track down the adjustments needed for the algorithm that enforces this.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

i dont know how i public picture here-.... so you are very welcome too help me!

Anastasios Mpithas
Posted
Posted

Peter,

The web team has already replied to you here: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=80902

For the method that Nestor is suggesting:

On pastebin, where it says " New Paste", you can paste the whole log from the X-Plane log file (it is on the installation folder).

Once this is complete click on the button "Create new paste".You might have to scroll down to see the button.

When a confirmation notice appears, copy the link fom your browser and paste it here.

If you find this method complex, you can just attach your log.txt file from the X-Plane installation folder on a website like https://uploadfiles.io/ or Google Drive/Dropbox, and send the link that will be generated here.

Please note that each time you start X-Plane the log resets, so make sure that you paste the log after the session you had a problem.

Anastasios Mpithas

Hellenic vACC member

C1/P1-2-3-4

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

plase send me picture how i use it

Marco NIRVANAN
Posted
Posted

im having this issue too when i go to inside cockpit camera i get DC i cant have one normal flight after you guys Updated Xpilot and Added this new system to kick pilots its not fair i cant pay money to afford new PC and all my graphic setting is Low , what can i do now ? should i remove my Xpilot or Xplane ? it is really not fair please remove this Option in new update

Billy Charlton 1400996
Posted
Posted

I am having issues with this too. I have been disconnected countless times over a 1h 30m flight, but i have not dropped below 20fps not one time. I will turn on the FPS reporting next flight and upload a log file here, but for now, it's safe to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume it's broken.

I also have a couple of suggestions on how the issue could be fixed

a) Change the time it tests your framerate - As far as i am aware, X-Plane 11 takes your FPS over a 2 min period, and then takes action on your simrate. If xPilot took the readings over a longer period, maybe 1m30s or 2m, problems would be reduced.

b) S[Mod - lovely stuff] the FPS recording - Instead of the FPS disconnect feature, wouldn't it be a better solution to simply implement a feature where, if xPilot detected a simrate change, it would then disconnect.

My personal conclusion is that the FPS disconnect system is way to sensitive, and i am not the only one to believe that. Below i have linked a Facebook post, on the VATSIM Facebook group. This post outlines that i am not the only one to be affected by the issue.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vatsim/permalink/10162981668900602/

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
im having this issue too when i go to inside cockpit camera i get DC i cant have one normal flight after you guys Updated Xpilot and Added this new system to kick pilots its not fair i cant pay money to afford new PC and all my graphic setting is Low , what can i do now ? should i remove my Xpilot or Xplane ? it is really not fair please remove this Option in new update

If your computer is unable to maintain at least 20 FPS, then xPilot will trigger a disconnect. Have you tried adjusting your rendering settings or using a plugin such as 3jfps to automatically adjust your rendering settings?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Posted
Posted

This is really annoying for ATC as well. When a pilot reconnects, he might not hear a transmission from ATC and all of the remarks and the cleared levels/headings, set by ATC are all reset. I know that someone is working on some sort of FPS booster but still, the new rule is more annoying than the issue with the simulation rate, which didn't even affect people as much as it does now.

C1-rated controller

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Just a quick question concerning the 3jfps plugin that was mentioned in this thread and also recommended by VATSIM to avoid the forced disconnects:

Do I see correctly that script installs libraries in the Custom Scenery folder without asking or notice? They are called something like AAxxxx, so I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume it has something to do with the auto-anti-aliasing feature of the script.

Furthermore I observed when using the script:

• - if this auto AA setting function is active, some of the multiplayer planes don't have liveries anymore
    - the FF A320 is not usable anymore (green instrument screens on the flight deck, messed up exterior)

Does anybody else experienced the same?

Alex

PS: I think it relates to this topic. I also would have loved to post this question in the X-Plane board. But it appears it's still not here anymore.

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

• 1 year later...
Albert Welledits
Posted
Posted

I am new to VATSIM and dealing with the 20fps–disconnection automatism as well. I have a VFR/IFR single engine SIM–Cockpit with two powerful networking PCs with 8x i7-9700K 3.60GHz (oc to 4.8GHz), 32GB, RTX3070 and still cannot be sure stay above the 20fps-red line with visual effects to max/texture quality to high/no antialiasing/2x anisotropic filtering/number of world objects to max/minimal reflection/draw parked aircrafts/use Vulcan/2 flight models per frame.

any change on the sliders have no effect >2fps, at the same time CPU is on 38% and GPU 33%.

this problem is evident at Austin Meyer and he has no plans to improve this with 11.55, since is working on XP12.

it is not about spending money, my SIM has components for a total of Euro 18.900,- including the computers. I simply can’t increase my FPS to be steady above the 20-limit without flying over the planet Mars.

I understand the argument of synchronize the real time, but for verbal ATC this doesn’t make any difference since communication still works at 16fps and even below.

I strongly recommend to think over this policy, otherwise there will be sooner or later a drain of user…

D493ED69-762F-465A-94EC-D9414E9A2CA2.jpeg

Christian Kovanen
Posted
Posted

@Albert Welledits If you drop below 20fps in X-Plane it starts to slow down time for you. This makes you move slower for other users. It makes it unworkable for ATC if one aircraft moves in slow motion when flying at normal speeds. And for the record, I have everything maxed out except reflection and anti aliasing and get 170fps in the default C172 so... something is not right with your setup

Christian Kovanen
Director of VATSIM Scandinavia
Membership Audit Team Lead

Albert Welledits
Posted
Posted

I know that something is wrong with my setup, I‘ve been a pain in the ass to Laminar Research already about this topic but they are focused to XP12 at the moment and Austin Meyer clearly mentioned, he won’t spend a second to make me happy when he can make other hundreds of thousands happy with XP12.

I have two identical custom made by a professional made computers with nothing else on board than XP11 and out of the box it never made more than 48fps sitting on the ground.

fully loaded and with a DA40 at 80% maxed out I have 27 sitting in LOAN, some 35km from Vienna. This little spread is unusual but nobody can tell me, what’s wrong…

BTW, both machines behave identical..

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

If unable to have 20FPS with that configuration and money is not a problem - I'm sorry to state the obvious solution: Choose an other flightsimulator.

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)