You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to hear Vatsim controllers voice ATIS

Don Jones

Don Jones
Posted
Posted

Very strange. For the last couple of days I've been unable to hear voice ATIS but all other frequencies work fine. Today I noticed that the reason might be that I'm unable to tune the exact frequency of the ATIS. eg: At EGKK today the ATIS frequency was 136.520 on VatSpy but I noticed that it would only allow me to tune 136.515 or 136.525. It was as if 136.520 didn't exist except that every other frequency could be dialled in increments of xxx.005. I thought it might be a conflict with ActiveSkies XP but the same thing happened without it loaded. Anyone else experience this problem? It all worked fine until a few days ago?

I've tried various aircraft and removed all addons but still the same problem. I do however hear the xPlane ATIS if I select "Enable Default ATIS" in the xPilot pull down menu but not the Vatsim ATIS controllers transmission.

Any help appreciated.

• Like 1

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

The ATIS server has been having stability issues, which may be related. Fixing the ATIS server is a priority item for the AFV devs when they have time.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Don Jones
Posted
Posted

Thanks Justin. I've realised since that you can receive a text ATIS by right clicking on the controller for his/her information next to the xPilot messages box. Since everyone were checking-in with eg: " Information Alpha" I wrongly [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed that they were receiving voice ATIS whereas it could be that they got their ATIS information by the above mentioned method.