You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No audio on vPilot

Oskar Lambert 1333400

Oskar Lambert 1333400
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I recently downloaded vPilot again because I wanted to fly again on VATSIM. It has been over a year since the last time. I filled everything in. Selected my headset as output and my headset mic as input. I'm able to hear the private message notification and messages coming on frequency but I'm unable to hear the controllers talking, I can't hear the buzzer and don't hear anything when switching frequencies (I don't know if the last 2 things still exist on vPilot). This is frustating and I'm really looking forward to hearing the new realistic VATSIM voice comms. I hope this can be fixed.

Kind Regards,

Oskar

• 2 weeks later...
Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

I have a similar problem after I upgraded Windows7 to Windows10.

When the vPilot client WINDOW (on remote laptop) is NOT IN FOCUS then all voice IN and OUT is not heard.

When I bring it on top then I hear sounds.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted
I have a similar problem after I upgraded Windows7 to Windows10.

When the vPilot client WINDOW (on remote laptop) is NOT IN FOCUS then all voice IN and OUT is not heard.

When I bring it on top then I hear sounds.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

Try running vPilot as admin.

Joe Burberry 865512
Posted
Posted

All I can suggest is:

ensure you have the latest software release here: https://audio.vatsim.net/docs/2.0/pilots/vpilot

Make sure you run the program in admin mode, this should hopefully help with your problems.

Regards

Regards

Joseph

C1 - Vatsim UK member since 2003

24.png

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

Make sure you run the program in admin mode, this should hopefully help with your problems.

Regards

You are right, that fixed it, thanks

spacer.png

• 1 year later...
Faisal Saleh Alquraishi
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just upgraded my CPU and when I connect to vpilot, I can transmit and be heard but cannot hear ATC. I only see RX illuminating when ATC transmits but no voice heard. 

Solved: With the new CPU came Sonic Sound, which seems to be the issue. I uninstalled it and now all is working well.

Edited by Faisal Saleh Alquraishi

• 2 weeks later...
Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

I have the following issue with vPilot.

After some considerable time passes (like 30~60 minutes) while on 122.80 without communications I realize that I do not RECEIVE any voice calls.

When later I tune in and TRANSMIT to ATC on line, I find out (by later asking) that ATC hears me but I do not hear them so the inbound calls seem to be blocked after some time of inactivity.

I close it, re launch it, connect and then it works (checking with ATC).

I run the client on the same single PC without any network remote setup.

Each time I launch it with right click, run as Admin.

I am the admin in the PC anyway.

I have the vPilot window visible on the side screen (extended desktop).

Audio devices are all properly set up and tested.

Just in case, I have set UDP Inbound & Outbound rules with port 3290 open but that did not change anything.

vPilot is already recognized and allowed in Windows Defender but I added the above rules anyway.

Is there something else I could set up with Windows Firewall rules ?

I do not have a separate software/hardware Firewall, only what Windows 10 provide i.e. Control Panel->Windows Defender Firewall->Advanced Settings->Inbound & Outbound Rules

Any clues ?

Windows 10, up to date updates,  vPilot always updated, Prepar3D v5.1, No other 3rd party antivirus etc.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
James MCANDREW-SMITH
Posted
Posted

I've got something similar.

vPilot running as admin, I can hear ATIS and MSFS autocontrollers, the RX lights illuminate when I presume a controller or aircraft is transmitting, but I cannot hear anything myself. Defender is set to allow vPilot through, totally lost as to what to try next! It's getting tiresome to keep typing out the clearances when I'd just like to transmit and receive properly.

Earphones and speakers are set to the appropriate devices, password is all in the green...

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

You may want to try setting the audio output device in vPilot to your main speakers and see if that works, just to eliminate there is no issue with the headset.
I assume the sim sound is routed to your main speakers rather than the headset ?

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

In my case, Sim sound routed to external speakers, vPilot sound routed to headset.

spacer.png

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Kyprianos Biris said:

In my case, Sim sound routed to external speakers, vPilot sound routed to headset.

I saw your post a couple of weeks ago Kyprianos, did you get your issue resolved ?   I was just suggesting that James try routing vPilot to his speakers to eliminate any issue with the headset.

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Andrew McCabe said:

did you get your issue resolved ?

Negative, still if I fly for some half hour without ATC interaction, voice coming in goes quiet.

spacer.png

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Hmmm.  I am still on FSX.  Maybe an issue specific to MSFS.    Sorry I cannot help.

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Andrew McCabe said:

Maybe an issue specific to MSFS.    Sorry I cannot help.

Ohh no don't be sorry, I thank you for the care to think. I'm on P3Dv5 until MSFS "matures" and it still has some way to get there.

spacer.png

• 2 months later...
Chris Smith
Posted
Posted

I think I had similar issue but was able to resolve it.

I use two sound cards - one for my desktop speakers and one for my headset.  My headset runs on my SoundBlaster and it looks like my software changed the Speaker/Headphones Configuration to another option (in this case it was 5.1 Surround). By changing it back to "Headphones," I was able to hear ATC again through vPilot. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having but maybe it will help someone!

Regards,

Chris  

1.PNG

Chris Smith

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at http://www.ndbair.com