You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I hope this reaches Joe VanMeter, Michael Watkins, & others

Mike Lehkamp

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

Great flight Friday night from Omaha to Cincinnati in our Boeing 757. With the exception of Kansas City Center, we had total coverage by VATSIM personnel. (SEE VIDEO LINK BELOW)

Folks, (controllers), I hope you understand how "authentic" you make our virtual world. Everything you all do, to include the new voice codec, permits "make believe" to become reality. When my younger brother David, (who past from complications from Scoliosis and Spina Bifida), and I began our home cockpit in the early 90's, there were only 6-7 docomeented cockpit builders in the entire world to include most notably James Price and Matt Ford. Now there are thousands. That said, Mr. Price flew to our home, near Cincinnati, twice to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist David and I. In fact, during one (of many) hospital stays David experienced, James insisted we go to the hospital and visit my brother. I cannot say enough about this gentlemen who happens to be a real life Oakland Center controller, pilot, and cockpit builder.

Perhaps I've gotten astray from my original post intent (Bud Light Beer). Anyway, you folks (controllers) do one helluva job and I, personally, cannot thank you enough.

I wanted to post a link to the conclusion of our flight tonight into Cincinnati controlled by Joe VanMeter & Michael Watkins. Please understand I apologize for how the video turned out. I was using a dated and [Mod - lovely stuff]py IPhone to video the event. Apparently it locked its focus on the cockpit rather than the outside visuals. Did not look very good. Sorry.

VATSIM, thank you all.

Michael Lehkamp

1.jpg

David Stone
Posted
Posted

For all the vZID controller I would like to thank you for the kind words, Mike.

David Stone

Indianapolis ARTCC ATM

VATSIM Network Supervisor

18.png

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

No David, thank you. And thank you to all of you guys/gals. And I do mean all.

Just did a 4-day from SFO back to CVG with various stops. On two of the legs, SFO-SLC, and SLC-OMA, I had actual real world Delta pilots in the sim and could not believe the realism. They were baffled on how this (VATSIM) has been going on for years and they had no idea.

The controllers on VATSIM are the very reason this hobby continues at the pace it does.

Michael

1.jpg

Joe VanMeter
Posted
Posted

Thanks for posting this up! We appreciate you flying in and out of CVG and always enjoy having you on frequency!

Joe

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

Thank you for sharing, Mike!

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo