You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV Stand Alone Client Feature Request

Joe VanMeter

Joe VanMeter
Posted
Posted

I have noticed sometimes when I have been controlling that my AFV client for VRC/vERAM sometimes disconnects randomly. When this happens would it be possible to have a sound play that lets the controller know that they have been disconnected from voice? I know sometimes I don't have that screen in the foreground and cannot see that I have been disconnected and begin wondering why its so silent all of a sudden.

Posted
Posted

Would love to have such a feature, it's an issue for Euroscope users as well

C1-rated controller

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

It will currently play a bong through your default windows audio device (perhaps not the one you use on AFV). The dev team are working hard to stop these disconnects from occuring as well as provide an auto reconnect incase of issue.

Cheers

Gary

Joe VanMeter
Posted
Posted

I went and checked my settings and my default output is the same as what I use for AFV. I don't recall ever hearing a bong sound as you describe. When I think of a bong sound I think of the sound vATIS makes when it has an atis update. I am running v1.6.32 which I think is the latest version? Maybe a better solution would also have the icon on the taskbar flash in addition just in case someone has different audio settings than their default device?

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

I tried to make the taskbar icon flash but doesn’t work with win 10 after 1909 unfortunately!

Let’s fix the underlying problem

Anastasios Mpithas
Posted
Posted

The way I solve this is by clicking the "arrow up" button on the standalone menu. This pins a small version of the standalone (like a widget) above Euroscope. You can see who's transmitting, and when the random disconnect happens, you can see it directly on there (button turns from blue to black iirc).

Anastasios Mpithas

Hellenic vACC member

C1/P1-2-3-4

Lee Sacharin
Posted
Posted

If you are taking requests...which I'm not sure you are , but as a suggestion. For those who wish (now or in the future) to run multi-freq operations, it would be nice to be able to display which freqs being received. In other words, if you have a few freqs in operation (not a zillion like some think should be done..I'm talking 3 or so depending on your airspace/configuration), it would be nice to have the audio panel display a discreet box that flashes when transmissions are received on that particular channel, similar to the current TX/RX. It would [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist the controller in knowing which freq a pilot is on, better orientation if an aircraft should be switching sectors, etc.

Thanks for listening!

Joe VanMeter
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all your hard work Gary. Hopefully those problems can be solved easily. I’m also looking forward to full integration into the controller clients as well.