You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

This Auto Disconnect has got to go

Thomas Parker

Thomas Parker
Posted
Posted

Sooo... My xPilot auto upgraded to 1.2.1.0 this morning. I flew a flight through heavy scenery and clouds. Not one disconnect. I had plans to collect and submit logs, but I don't have anything to submit.

Kudos to the team for the most recent changes.

• 2 years later...
Albert Welledits
Posted
Posted

I have to confess, I am very frustrated with this 20fps-lockout. My generic mockup-Simulator runs XP11 and is powered by two networking highend computers for single and twin prop planes to fly mainly VFR at altitudes below 10.000ft. So you can imagine, that high resolution custom sceneries are essential. The area I am flying is a radius of 800km from LOAN, my home airport in real and simulator. The topographic situation of Austria in L17/L18 and sometimes even L19 creates ortho-tiles with 2GB and sometimes more. When the master has to load the next tile, for example loading Vienna, the frame rate drops below the 20fps for one or two minutes and after 19sec I am getting cicked out.

I understand the problem at speeds of 250kt and higher, but my max speed is 120kt. What difference does it make to have a more tolerant xPilot with 2 or 3 minutes wait time before getting disconnected and being offline for 2 or 3 minutes and then re-connecr ???

I wish, the frame rate restriction would be variable in relation to the speed or the lockout delay time 2 to 3 minutes instead of only 19sec....

• 2 weeks later...
Collin Koldoff
Posted
Posted
On 5/29/2022 at 5:48 PM, Albert Welledits said:

I have to confess, I am very frustrated with this 20fps-lockout. My generic mockup-Simulator runs XP11 and is powered by two networking highend computers for single and twin prop planes to fly mainly VFR at altitudes below 10.000ft. So you can imagine, that high resolution custom sceneries are essential. The area I am flying is a radius of 800km from LOAN, my home airport in real and simulator. The topographic situation of Austria in L17/L18 and sometimes even L19 creates ortho-tiles with 2GB and sometimes more. When the master has to load the next tile, for example loading Vienna, the frame rate drops below the 20fps for one or two minutes and after 19sec I am getting cicked out.

I understand the problem at speeds of 250kt and higher, but my max speed is 120kt. What difference does it make to have a more tolerant xPilot with 2 or 3 minutes wait time before getting disconnected and being offline for 2 or 3 minutes and then re-connecr ???

I wish, the frame rate restriction would be variable in relation to the speed or the lockout delay time 2 to 3 minutes instead of only 19sec....

The issue can be more profound with slower aircraft. While your top speed may be 120, you may in reality be only going 60 knots ground speed and that will affect controllers far more.
The reason for 20 seconds and not 2 to 3 minutes as you mentioned is that anyone who knowingly has issues could easily just reconnect every 2 to 3 minutes especially during an event which create a whole slew of other issues. 

The truth is that no matter how long you are below 20 fps, ATC will lose more separation and it will negatively affect the experience of ATC and aircraft around you regardless of the aircraft type, speed or altitude.

• Like 3