You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot/Euroscope Towerview

Jake Fitzgerald 1460640

Jake Fitzgerald 1460640
Posted
Posted

I'm trying to set up the towerview for xPilot. I have Euroscope connected, use the .towerview command and shows that I am connected as an observer on xPilot but I can't see any aircraft. I know xPilot is working because I can connect normally and see aircraft.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it isn't working?

Thanks

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Another user posted the same problem a few weeks ago... viewtopic.php?f=157&t=80875

I don’t use Euroscope and haven’t had time to test it out yet. I’ll try to look into it soon.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Jake Fitzgerald 1460640
Posted
Posted
Another user posted the same problem a few weeks ago... viewtopic.php?f=157&t=80875

I don’t use Euroscope and haven’t had time to test it out yet. I’ll try to look into it soon.

Thanks Justin Good to know I'm not the only one.

Zach Pettibone
Posted
Posted

I've got the same issue. Connected to VATSIM, proxy server is up and running, xPilot connects to the proxy when I type in .towerview localhost, messages say I'm connected, and nothing shows up. Tried my actual IP and nothing worked. I remember that I had tried it a few months ago and it worked, obviously with an older version of xPilot, so I wonder if maybe something got tweaked in an update.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Jake and Zach, which version of Euroscope are you using? The minimum version required is 3.2.1.12.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Jake Fitzgerald 1460640
Posted
Posted
Jake and Zach, which version of Euroscope are you using? The minimum version required is 3.2.1.12.

Just updated Euroscope to v3.2.1.23 and it worked! I had forgotten about updating it, but its working fine now. Thanks

Zach Pettibone
Posted
Posted

I know this is a topic for a different forum now, but after updating, Euroscope won't even display any traffic at all. Vis center is set at KSDF (airport of choice), active airport is KSDF, can't find any settings that would be hindering the appearance of planes, and nothing shows up. Once I figure that out, I'll see if xPilot will display the traffic then too. Hopefully updating is really all it takes to get that to work too

• 2 years later...
Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted
On 1/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, Andreas Fuchs said:

Have you tried forcing the local LAN IP of your machine? e.g. .towerview 192.1.1.40 Tower

And that worked for me. Don'r ask me why, but it made a difference (Swift). Thanks!

• Like 1

Ishan Parashar
Posted
Posted

Greetings, i have an issue with my towerview, it does connect, the traffic shows up, but never moves. Facing the same Problem in both Xplane and MSFS. Using Xpilot latest beta, and the latest vpilot. euroscope ver3.2a(r26). Can anyone help, thanks. 😀🙂

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

ES does not yet support the new high-speed position updates, so it can't provide a towerview server yet.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted
On 2/26/2022 at 3:26 AM, Ross Carlson said:

ES does not yet support the new high-speed position updates, so it can't provide a towerview server yet.

Many people are using EuroScope as TowerView server after the Velocity update.

On 2/25/2022 at 11:54 PM, Ishan Parashar said:

Greetings, i have an issue with my towerview, it does connect, the traffic shows up, but never moves. Facing the same Problem in both Xplane and MSFS. Using Xpilot latest beta, and the latest vpilot. euroscope ver3.2a(r26). Can anyone help, thanks. 😀🙂

I've heard from and seen that issue, but I don't know when that happens.

Which of the hints in this thread have you tried so far? Which command are you using to initiate the connection?

Daniel Faria
Posted
Posted

I had no idea tower view existed for xpilot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jonas Eberle said:

Many people are using EuroScope as TowerView server after the Velocity update.

Not successfully with velocity data, unless there's been a secret release that I don't know about.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Those of you who really want to use TowerView, give swift pilot client a shot, at least until Euroscope will be compatible with xPilot again. I just tested it and it does work:

• Like 1

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted
On 2/27/2022 at 5:26 PM, Ross Carlson said:

Not successfully with velocity data, unless there's been a secret release that I don't know about.

Yes, successfully. Maybe not with Velocity but I don't think that was the question here.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Jonas Eberle said:

Yes, successfully. Maybe not with Velocity but I don't think that was the question here.

He was having an issue with aircraft not moving when connecting xPilot to ES. This is because ES does not forward the velocity data that xPilot requires.