You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

To expand?

Johnathon Neilsen 955672

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

I was flicking through a local paper, and there was a very intresting article regarding the Chinchilla Municipal Airport. (YCCA)

According to the council, the airport is to be expanded to accept airline traffic, namely Qantaslink Dash-8-300's.

I found this intresting, due to the fact that, tthe town is booming with coal to the south, gas to the north, cattle to the west, and oil to east.

955672.png

• 4 weeks later...
Nick Wassell 977793
Posted
Posted

Qantas probably was aware of this fact and thought that the mining companys would to so how else are the companys going to get to Chinchilla Municipal but by plane i think if it becomes more known jetstar and virgin blue might get in on the deal do you think so?

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

For jetstar and Virgin to star services there, it woud be great. However CHinchilla onl has a population of 5000 people. So I dont see the need for daily services to Sydney and Melbourne, but a weekly one might do.

Hwever each airline shas different opinions on the situation so I an just going to let it be.

955672.png

Nick Wassell 977793
Posted
Posted

Think about it this way if theres gas, coal, cattle and oil when there's a big mining boom for all of these then virgin and jetstar will be on there hands and knee's to recieve that route becuase they will need a twice a weeks service to get all of the miners and there families out there?